openSUSE Prepares For openSUSE Leap 16 Next Year Based On ALP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    Leap took almost as long as it had taken on the VM, I kept checking to make sure the installer had not frozen.

When installed, Leap is so slow and sluggish, it's like the whole system is in molasses.

More importantly, all 4 installs had the same odd problem with KDE, when i click on Discover u kept getting an error message about unable to update.
    For both problems, the first thing I'd do is check the syslog. Whatever is going wrong is likely leaving some clues, there. If you find any suspicious log messages, try searching for them on the web or in suse's forums or bug database.

​Honestly though Leap sucks, I don;t know how anyone uses it and i don't know how Suse can bring itself to make it public.
    Because of the slowness issue? I haven't experienced that.

​​Leap is proof that Suse does not do any actual testing of the stuff the produce, if it compiles it ships.
    Leap is a community project that tries to mirror Suse Linux Enterprise (SLE). You could help by filing bug reports, when you notice problems.

​​​Their reliance on automatic testing is their downfall, they need to sit their asses in front of a computer, install and try to use this mess.
    That costs money. If you want to spend money and get a better experience, try SLE.

Comment

Working...
    X