Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post

"newspaper"

i did not read a newspaper in like 20 years.
    Shocking revelation!

Comment

skeevy420 I came across krea.ai today. Maybe that is something interesting for enhancing/creating AI photos you were looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post

Fedora already packaged the majority of rocm set including HIP.
        Code:
        hipcc.noarch.5.7.1-1.fc39 updates-testing
        rocm-comgr.x86_64 17.0-3.fc39 updates-testing
        rocm-device-libs.x86_64 17.1-1.fc39 updates-testing
        rocm-hip.x86_64 5.7.1-1.fc39 <unknown>
        rocm-opencl.x86_64 5.7.1-1.fc39 updates-testing
        rocm-runtime.x86_64 5.7.1-1.fc39 updates-testing
        rocminfo.x86_64 5.7.0-1.fc39 updates-testing
        6.0 is reserved for the next release of Fedora.
        I think to succeed, they need to keep rocm up to date. This thing of saying "next version of rocm is reserved for the next version of fedora" doesn't work with tools like this. If we can't get the latest version within a week of the release, then the packaging will be circumvented. This will diminish the value of the packages in the first place.

But I still have hopes that fedora can do something useful in this space.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          skeevy420 I came across krea.ai today. Maybe that is something interesting for enhancing/creating AI photos you were looking for?
          Thanks for that.

While that was fun to play with, it wasn't necessarily what I looking for. I was wondering if there was some sort of AI to assist with levels, curves, stacking, bracketing, alignment, etc that also worked on a Linux desktop; not a web site. Something like what ASTAP does, but with AI to help automate things along and Linux native. I don't think what I'm describing exists just yet.

Or a Krita or GIMP plugin that can take written descriptions to auto enhance the image. That'd be a good start.

Just throwing those descriptions out there in case someone reads this and wants to offer some suggestions for me to try.

Comment

Originally posted by hauberg View Post

I think to succeed, they need to keep rocm up to date. This thing of saying "next version of rocm is reserved for the next version of fedora" doesn't work with tools like this. If we can't get the latest version within a week of the release, then the packaging will be circumvented. This will diminish the value of the packages in the first place.

But I still have hopes that fedora can do something useful in this space.
            AMD doesn't support that - their support with rocm has been horrible - AMD cares about gaming and that's about it - their consoles and in Linux, they don't care. Fedora doesn't care about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by raystriker View Post

I bet he doesn't reply.
              ---
              Back to topic:
              It's good that Fedora plans to ship ROCm, the internet is littered with people asking how to run stable diffusion and LLMs on RDNA2 and 3 GPUs no matter where I look.
              It's evidence of AMD's great (Linux) support or so I hear everyday here and other places where AMD in Linux is championed.

Comment

Working...
              X