Gentoo Ends Out 2023 By Offering Up Binary Packages For Direct Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

It's russian. I don't have anything against the Calculate linux people, but right now all things russsia should be boycotted.
    ah yes the I see the "lets fuck over the Russian populace that was already anti-war proving Putin right" people are back again. I swear it's as if people do it intentionally to try and spark more hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

ah yes the I see the "lets fuck over the Russian populace that was already anti-war proving Putin right" people are back again. I swear it's as if people do it intentionally to try and spark more hate.
      Did I invade Russia? Who invaded who? Who hates what? Listen dude you can make up whatever bullshit it is that you want to make up, but that the thing that makes you the liar. Stupid.

I could put literally thousands of quotes here to prove my point.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Did I invade Russia? Who invaded who? Who hates what? Listen dude you can make up whatever bullshit it is that you want to make up, it, but that the thing that makes you the liar. Stupid.
        what the fuck are you on about? did you just have a stroke?

Comment

I don't see any evidence of a significant anti-war populace inside Russia. Those who were have either left, are imprisoned, or were drafted and sent to the front to die. Putin is extremely popular, and by extension so are his policies.

Now there is a large portion of the populace who just doesn't care about it, and wants to ignore everything outside their personal bubble. But they aren't anti-war either.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I don't see any evidence of a significant anti-war populace inside Russia. Those who were have either left, are imprisoned, or were drafted and sent to the front to die. Putin is extremely popular, and by extension so are his policies.

Now there is a large portion of the populace who just doesn't care about it, and wants to ignore everything outside their personal bubble. But they aren't anti-war either.
            there used to be, but with all the boycotting that had gone on, I wouldn't be surprised if they did indeed leave or converted. at the very least one of my friends I was talking with noted a shift to the pro war sentiment thanks in part to the boycotts and what not against the russian populace before he left

Comment

there used to be, but with all the boycotting that had gone on, I wouldn't be surprised if they did indeed leave or converted. at the very least one of my friends I was talking with noted a shift to the pro war sentiment thanks in part to the boycotts and what not against the russian populace before he left
              That's just the propaganda kicking in. It doesn't matter whether there were boycotts or not. The Russian people were going to be told everyone else hated them regardless, that it was Russia vs the world, etc., and so that's what they've been hearing 24/7. It's a core part of Putin's strategy.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 14 January 2024, 02:22 AM.

Comment

That's just the propaganda kicking in. It doesn't matter whether there were boycotts or not. The Russian people were going to be told everyone else hated them regardless, that it was Russia vs the world, etc., and so that's what they've been hearing 24/7. It's a core part of Putin's strategy.
                I mean it actually did happen though, People did boycott "everything russian". Hell we even saw it on the mailing list a while ago where one maintainer very clearly expressed their lack of intent to work with a contributor employed by a russian company. People absolutely boycotted russia, and it DID have an effect on Russians. some payment processors banned Russians, too.

This was not propaganda (though ofc there was propaganda involved), is was a targeted attack against russian people in an foolish attempt to "convince" them that what putin is doing is wrong. instead it generated tons of animosity to the west. It turns out when you cut of someone's lively hood, they get really pissed off. The west seems absolutely intent on proving putin right. And it sure as shit helped him out

Comment

I mean it actually did happen though, People did boycott "everything russian". Hell we even saw it on the mailing list a while ago where one maintainer very clearly expressed their lack of intent to work with a contributor employed by a russian company. People absolutely boycotted russia, and it DID have an effect on Russians. some payment processors banned Russians, too.

This was not propaganda (though ofc there was propaganda involved), is was a targeted attack against russian people in an foolish attempt to "convince" them that what putin is doing is wrong. instead it generated tons of animosity to the west. It turns out when you cut of someone's lively hood, they get really pissed off. The west seems absolutely intent on proving putin right. And it sure as shit helped him out
                  You can choose to believe that if you want, I won't argue it.

I will say that if the US was at war with another country and Putin started funding their defense and generally stating anti-american things, it wouldn't matter at all what regular russians did. I mean, it would keep adding fuel to the fire by giving the nightly propaganda, err, i mean cable news programs, something to complain about. But they'd do that even if there was nothing. That's what they do. And people would be in no mood to think about the nuances - they'd go all in on patriotism. I expect people from most countries are like that, if the government has effective communication with their citizens.
                  Last edited by smitty3268; 15 January 2024, 10:43 PM.

Comment

You can choose to believe that if you want, I won't argue it.

I will say that if the US was at war with another country and Putin started funding their defense and generally stating anti-american things, it wouldn't matter at all what regular russians did. I mean, it would keep adding fuel to the fire by giving the nightly propaganda, err, i mean cable news programs, something to complain about. But they'd do that even if there was nothing. That's what they do. And people would be in no mood to think about the nuances - they'd go all in on patriotism. I expect people from most countries are like that, if the government has effective communication with their citizens.
                    I know at least 2 russians I talk with who have had their foreign funding killed, and lost their lively hoods destroyed by the boycotting and stuff. I would be resentful too

Comment

Working...
                    X