No announcement yet.

Canonical Releases Multipass 1.13 RC With Snapshots Support, Migrated To Qt6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Releases Multipass 1.13 RC With Snapshots Support, Migrated To Qt6

Phoronix: Canonical Releases Multipass 1.13 RC With Snapshots Support, Migrated To Qt6

Canonical's Multipass software that is advertised as "cloud-style VMs at your fingertips" and making it easy to spin-up "Ubuntu VMs on demand for any workstation", is out with a new test release adding snapshots support and other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I should watch The Fifth Element again, been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
      I should watch The Fifth Element again, been a while.
      the first thing I'n my mind when reading the headline: the scene Leeloo showing the Multipass underlinded with her saying it multiple times.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that name doesnt describe that product to me.

That name would be better suited for a password manager.
        Last edited by NeoMorpheus; 08 December 2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
          I'm sorry, but that name doesnt describe that product to me, given the description.

That name would be better suited with a password manager.
          That too, and why Qt6? I mean: no hate, I am a Qt lover and user! But Canonical uses GNOME primarily, so wouldn't GTK make more sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            That too, and why Qt6? I mean: no hate, I am a Qt lover and user! But Canonical uses GNOME primarily, so wouldn't GTK make more sense?
            Because the app is cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux).

Comment

Originally posted by eszlari View Post

Because the app is cross-platform (Windows, macOS, Linux).
              Yup, I tried it once quite a while ago in Windows on my work laptop and it worked as advertised. I'm actually playing around with ZFSBootMenu on the 2nd SSD on this laptop and installed the xubuntu-desktop-minimal package after debootstrapping Manitc. Maybe I'll finally play around with LXD while I've got an Ubuntu install, and I can add multipass to my list of things to poke around at.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

Yup, I tried it once quite a while ago in Windows on my work laptop and it worked as advertised. I'm actually playing around with ZFSBootMenu on the 2nd SSD on this laptop and installed the xubuntu-desktop-minimal package after debootstrapping Manitc. Maybe I'll finally play around with LXD while I've got an Ubuntu install, and I can add multipass to my list of things to poke around at.
                Hey, it's Phoronix, you're not supposed to like Canonical-made stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Hey, it's Phoronix, you're not supposed to like Canonical-made stuff.
                  People dissing Canonical made stuff is hardly exclusive to Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimefighter View Post

People dissing Canonical made stuff is hardly exclusive to Phoronix.
                    Oh, come no, don't ruin the joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X