Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine Linux 3.19 Released - Now Powered By Linux 6.6 LTS

Phoronix: Alpine Linux 3.19 Released - Now Powered By Linux 6.6 LTS

Alpine Linux 3.19 has been released as the newest feature update to this lightweight Linux distribution employing Busybox and libc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alpine Linux 3.19 has been released as the newest feature update to this lightweight Linux distribution employing Busybox and libc.
    I guess you meant this:

[...] employing Busybox and musl libc.

Comment

Maybe some day I'll replace my enterprise Linux home server with something like Alpine... More flexible & lightweight, and good enough security (who wants to fight SELinux). Slackware is still an option for a home server too. Arch is great for desktop machines.

Comment

Originally posted by evert_mouw View Post
        Maybe some day I'll replace my enterprise Linux home server with something like Alpine... More flexible & lightweight, and good enough security (who wants to fight SELinux). Slackware is still an option for a home server too. Arch is great for desktop machines.
        I prefer (and i'm using) Ubuntu Pro (Anyone can use Ubuntu Pro for free on up to 5 machines).

Comment

The Musl thing is a good one. Wanted to Void Musl on a second PC, but the sound setup alone discouraged it.

Comment

Originally posted by chromer View Post

I prefer (and i'm using) Ubuntu Pro (Anyone can use Ubuntu Pro for free on up to 5 machines).
            Ubuntu makes a nice server edition, agreed.

Comment

I wish people would stop mentioning busybox when mentioning Alpine. It makes it sound like busybox is the highlight of the distro.
              When people hear/read "busybox", they immediatly relegate it to "routers OS" or something and probably won't even read further, while Alpine is probably the leading Musl-based distro.

Musl is a highlight, busybox is not. Busybox always falls short for my use cases, so "apk add util-linux" is the first thing I do.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Raka555; 09 December 2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X