Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Week Left To Vote On openSUSE's New Logo

Phoronix: One Week Left To Vote On openSUSE's New Logo

The openSUSE project has been working on a rebranding to better differentiate between this community open-source project and SUSE itself. There's been work on a logo design contest with just under one week left to vote in this survey...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Strange, I don't know whats wrong with modern logo design. One half looks like any browser icon, the other half is just unidentifiable scrawl. And some just omit the tail, making it hard to identify.
    What's wrong with the good old chameleon?
    I tried to vote but they ask a strange question where you have 3 symbols and should find similarity in the logos. The only ones that have those 3 symbols are also the ones that are overly complex or just pure scrawl. Looks like they have other things than brand recognition in mind. I guess it's their call.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
      Strange, I don't know whats wrong with modern logo design. One half looks like any browser icon, the other half is just unidentifiable scrawl. And some just omit the tail, making it hard to identify.
      I tried to vote but they ask a strange question where you have 3 symbols and should find similarity in the logos. The only ones that have those 3 symbols are also the ones that are overly complex or just pure scrawl. Looks like they have other things than brand recognition in mind. I guess it's their call.
      Change does not mean the present logo is bad, it just means a change is wanted (depending on the vote). Otherwise a vote against the change would happen (which I assume a vote for a change would happen before this).

Comment

I've always disliked this reptilian kind of logo. It reveals too much about who's behind linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
          Otherwise a vote against the change would happen
          There was no option to vote for the old logo or against a change.

Comment

There was no option to vote for the old logo or against a change.
            That is why we have Phoronix. A safe place where everyone is free to yell at clouds.

Comment

Many of them resemble fedora and debian logo hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by amxfonseca View Post
                That is why we have Phoronix. A safe place where everyone is free to yell at clouds.
                How is it a safe place if random strangers can belittle you?

Comment

1st column, 2nd row. The only one with a background color and appears like an icon and logo for use in digital media. All the rest look like they're an alternative, minimalist, logo designed for business cards and other print and paper media. 3rd column, 4th row would be my alternative pick.

It doesn't help that a lot of them look like they could be the logo from any other distribution. The icons in the 3rd column, rows 2 and 3, looks like the current Fedora logo was screwing around on the job and got ripped in half by industrial machinery.

Comment

Minimalism. That's the problem. You can only do so much with two lines and a 300px drawing space.

Comment

Working...
                    X