Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"GMEM" Proposed To Deal With Memory Management For Accelerators, External Memory Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "GMEM" Proposed To Deal With Memory Management For Accelerators, External Memory Devices

Phoronix: "GMEM" Proposed To Deal With Memory Management For Accelerators, External Memory Devices

Generalized Memory Management "GMEM" has been proposed as a new solution to be developed for the Linux kernel to deal with memory management for external memory devices like the growing number of accelerators coming to market...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds long overdue.

Comment

I don´t understand why it´s so complicated on linux to map device ram into system ram on windows thats a given every PCIe device can do this if i hook up a 8gb gpu and have 32gb sytem ram the gpu gets 24gb ram it caan hog up to 50% system ram for it´s use.

Comment

I wonder how far this goes toward solving https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...1#note_2012809?

Comment

Working...
        X