Ubuntu 23.10 Desktop ISOs Re-Released Following Translation Snafu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyamc View Post

Just wanted to mention that the economy was stable, and he managed to maintain peace and show military strength without starting any wars.

I'm Canadian, so I have no horse in this race, but the reason why it's called "derangement" is because:
    1. You introduce him to the conversation for no reason - Living in your head rent free
    2. You are unable to see that in the same way you can ignore Person A's faults to support them, you might be ignoring the strengths of Person B that gives them support - Unable to think rationally
    3. You are prejudiced against those who think differently, calling them deranged - Bigoted

I hate our Prime Minister for many reasons I won't get into, but I don't come into the forum and say something like "Well if you just let things like this slide, 7 years will pass and Trudeau will still be screwing us over" when talking about the Ubuntu 23.10 ISO.

You'd have to be deranged to do that.​
    The economy under Trump was from Obama. The economy under Biden is from Trump. For the most part, that's how it works. President A's first term stuff affects either A's 2nd term or President B. What B does affects B's 2nd term or C's first term. What C does...

I don't know how it works in Canada, but that's how it works in America and why a President can be blamed for problems years after they've been out of office. For example, Trump's tax policy didn't even kick into full effect until last year -- two years after he left office. It was done that way to act as a time-bomb threat to get him reelected. If he'd have been reelected it would have been repealed and replaced. Biden, however, can't do anything about it because Trump supporters and Republicans run Congress and intentionally do nothing to blame Biden for what Trump did. That's how American politics works.

Basically, Trump and the incompetent Republican Congress are to blame for what's going on now. It'll stay that way as long as those people control Congress and continue to do nothing.

He didn't have to start a war because we were in the middle of an almost 20 year war where he pulled us out which caused even more chaos and instability in the region. That took away a lot of America's credibility. Now everyone knows that America will have your back until some fringe candidate is elected that'll leave you hanging and allow the terrorists to win. Pulling out and letting IS win was neither maintaining peace nor showing military strength.

Because of where I live, Arkansas, I'm not allowed to live without Trump in my life. My area flies Trump 2024, Let's Go Brandon, and FJB flags. Contractors drive around with the Trump in the Window decals. I find that hilarious because Trump is famous for filing bankruptcy to get out of paying his contractors. My governor, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, was one of his many press secretaries and she's currently under investigation for podium fraud and flying her and her friends to France in a government jet using tax payer dollars. She has since passed a law to limit FOIA requests that was backdated to before she bought the podium and the state police are complicit in not releasing her records they were legally obligated to release.

royce

My sincerest apologies.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
        Trump
        I thought I was clear: Rant about him somewhere else.

Comment

I thought I was clear: Rant about him somewhere else.
          Responding to a rant with another rant that doesn't ask to not rant?

You were as clear as mud.

Comment

We're still feeling the effects of the road building programmes Bob Hawke implemented back in the 80's (a good thing). In fact it's so ingrained in government culture, they wont stop (a bad thing)! They (local and stategovs) keep rebuilding the same roads, making them worse each time! Worse, there always seems to be a nice new road in front of certain buildings, while the rest of the roads is ill maintained or simply dirt. Our government wouldn't know a good idea if it bit em on the arse, and when they do, the biters are shot and told to eff off (usually overseas where they're paid more and respected).
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

FWIW once the OS is installed the offending (literally) translation is gone. The translation in question was part of the installer, which isn't present on the installed OS.
              Glad to hear that. BTW, heard there's quite a decent amount of improvements made in this release for the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I find it deranged that anyone can see that guy's actions and still think he's qualified to be a world leader.

If you get COVID you can always go with the President's recommendation -- take some pills made either for deworming and head lice or for malaria followed by injecting yourself with a few CCs of household cleaner since it's 99.9% effective at killing germs and viruses.

Please, don't actually do that. Don't do what the President said. I wish that was me making my usual dumbass jokes, but that isn't.
                I will admit I voted for the man twice, but I do not have the blinders on, I can see and accept that he has many faults and there's no question that most of his current legal troubles he brought on himself.

Regarding Covid, I didn't vote for Trump because he has a Ph.D. in Biology or because he has a medical degree, i voted for him because i felt in both cases he would be the better choice for the economy overall, and I still think he is much better suited to ensure the financial stability of the United States, even if it's only because the general public and the so-called "market" perceives him as better for the economy.

I think it's quite telling that despite facing 4 criminal trials, 91 criminal counts, a massive civil case in NY, and God knows what else they will hit him with, in poll after poll, he still leads every other candidate, including Biden, in head to head match ups.

That is an indictment against every other candidate, when people look at all the baggage that Trump has and they still say to themselves that he is the better choice.

Personally, I like Vivek, but I am also a realist and do not think he can win the nomination. I expect that come 2024, Trump will win the Republican nomination, if he's smart he'll choose Vivek as his running mate, we will have 3 other independent candidates, Kennedy, someone from the No Labels Party and possible another person, and it will be a wake up call for both Republicans and Democrats to get their shit together and squeeze their heads out of their collective asses.

Having said all this, I still think it's silly to blame Trump for every ill that exists in the world, including things that he is not involved in in any way.

I can't stand Biden but i don't blame him for everything, just basically fucking up this country royally.

See, i am fair and balanced.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that the economy was stable, and he managed to maintain peace and show military strength without starting any wars.
                  Thank you!!!

Regardless of anything Trump may have said or done, up until Covid hit the economy was humming along, the market was solid, employment was solid and the world was a much safer place.

I truly believe that of Trump were still president, the war in the Ukraine would never have started, and quite possibly the mess in the middle east that is threatening to explode into a major war. I really don't people see how close we are to a third world war and i do not think Biden's actions in either case are helping matters, it's just adding fuel to the fire.

Comment

Working...
                  X