Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 39 Beta Released With Faster DNF, GNOME 45 Desktop

Phoronix: Fedora 39 Beta Released With Faster DNF, GNOME 45 Desktop

The beta release of Fedora 39 is now available for testing ahead of its planned stable release prior to the end of October...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Slightly off-topic, but since Fedora 38 has already enabled -fno-omit-frame-pointer, does anyone have any data / benchmarks regarding the performance hit as a result of this flag being turned on?

Comment

Hah, good! DNF could use a little performance boost ^^

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Silverblue version.

Comment

"Fedora 39 Beta brings many updates over Fedora 38 including a faster DNF"

I'm afraid not. The new dnf version was delayed a few weeks ago. The announcement is actually saying that it's *not* in the Beta: "We’d planned to update the DNF package manager to a new, speedier version...However, we decided these things just weren’t ready in time."

Comment

I was working yesterday on upgrading 38 to (pre-beta) 39, but stalled on the fact that my original installation used LVM and only allocated 15GB (or so) to / (root) even though my laptop has a 500GB SSD I have never done much with LVM, but on a positive note, I am being challenged to expand that LVM allocation on top of the actual SSD partition (which also has partitions for /boot and /boot/efi as well.) There is plenty of space left on the SSD partition that the LVM partition sits on top of. Necessity is the mother of invention they say, time to learn some new tricks!

Comment

Screenshots in the article seem to be from Fedora 38.

Comment

Fedora 39 is turning out solid - i have already upgraded both my systems to 39 prelease of silverblue and they are working well.

Comment

GNOME Files was a bit flaky in Fedora 38, hope that's tightened up in 39.

Comment

I've been on Fedora 39 for a few weeks and after an update two days ago I'm stuck in light mode

Edit: It's fixed now.
                    Last edited by Myownfriend; 19 September 2023, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X