Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE To Be Taken Private By Its Largest Shareholder

Phoronix: SUSE To Be Taken Private By Its Largest Shareholder

The SUSE organization has changed hands many times over the years... From being its own independent company to the notable acquisition by Novell two decades ago. Over the past decade SUSE has changed hands between Attachmate, Micro Focus, EQT Partners, and then went public back in 2021 on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Now two years later its being taken private...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And remember... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLdexZlVkAY

Comment

67% over current? Makes me wish I had some stock in SuSE. Oh well.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Now two years later its being taken private...

Comment

I miss this old GNOME Desktop...clean, modern and smooth.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

What does this corpolanguage mean to us mere mortals? I miss more detailed articles about topics like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Malsabku View Post
              I miss this old GNOME Desktop...clean, modern and smooth.
              Looks pretty similar to modern MATE/XFCE, besides the "vintage" GTK theme.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                What does this corpolanguage mean to us mere mortals? I miss more detailed articles about topics like this.
                It means that the largest share holder of SUSE is buying up the rest of the shares, aka they are buying the entire company. Since this now means that a single company controls the entire properties, SUSE can no longer be traded on a stock exchange and will thus be delisted. So they are going from being Public to being Private. This also means (and this varies highly on the local laws) that they no longer have to file public reports of their financials.
                Last edited by F.Ultra; 17 August 2023, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
                  Is that how you say that? I've only seen that word written.

Do you know how hard it'll be to retrain my brain phonetics from Sue See?

I see I'm part of today's lucky 10,000.

Comment

Ok, im not gonna risk it anymore. I'm just going Debian and forgetting about all the bullshit corporations.

Canonical out there with in-house syndrome, except all the things they build are awful. Red Hat just attacking its own users and now anything can happen with SUSE. The new owner might just look at all the companies self destructing and decide they want in.

I was wavering a bit when it came to SUSE since it doesn't look like even SUSE knows what its doing, I still have no idea what ALP is supposed to be, I have no idea what or when is the next normal SLE release going to be launched and how long its going to be supported. If I don't know when the next release is going to launch I might as well just go Debian.

Comment

Working...
                    X