Linux Mint EDGE ISOs To Help With Running On Newer Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

Xanmod insists on using some half baked scheduler without support for cgroups. Liquorix does not and therefore is a much saner choice
    You should quote my parent post, not my.

Comment

Originally posted by antonyshen View Post
      Why not just use Xanmod and Kisak or Oibaf ppa for better HW support?
      That's what I use now. Xanmod V3 or V2, depending on the CPU I'm using, and Kisak because Oibaf PPA screws up far too many times. Also Oibaf PPA doesn't support older distros immediately when a new Ubuntu distro is out, which means removing the PPA is now problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by DL9220 View Post

Yeah, right. I'm on Xanmod and Oibaf, and there's a lot of the 'regulars' on the Mint-forum that prefer you to die before giving info or even help. So, if in doubt I turn to the ARCH-wiki.
        Cheers
        If it gets to the point where they just ignore people who dare use PPA's and kernels then I might as well go to Ubuntu or PoPOS. If Mint doesn't like people installing PPA's and Kernels then block it. Their update manager seems tailor made to install kernels. So either block PPA's and Kernel updates like they blocked snap or deal with it. If they do, I will dump Linux Mint for the many alternatives. Linux Mint is just Ubuntu with a lot of customization, and Ubuntu is Debain with a lot of customization.
        Last edited by Dukenukemx; 03 August 2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
          They need a better release schedule, not this.

The major reason why I prefer Fedora over Mint is the release cadence and freshness of packages (kernel being the most important).
          The release cadence is fine, we just need newer kernel /mesa from time to time.

Comment

Working...
          X