No announcement yet.

Fedora 39 Aims For A Colored Bash Prompt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well pretty much the first thing I do is install Oh-My-Post (https://ohmyposh.dev/) on any Linux install I do

Its terrible and pedantic I know, but I love it!!! It also makes dev with git and venv's and such so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Can a single topic on Phoronix have no hateful/resentful comments?

You're given an OS for free, along with its source code and every day we have dozens of messages how this is bad, that is bad and everything is bad.

I really hope Open Source developers never check these forums. They will be thoroughly disappointed.
      No it cannot, there is no way, the political side of open-source is full of the most pure hate and only that... As every political thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        This has got to be the most useless new piece on Phoronix in a long while. It's just a default, whoever wanted colors in their terminal has enabled them long ago.
        Conversely, the poster above will just install a black and white theme and move on.
        And it is not actual colors, it is apparently changing the white text to green text..

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

Can a single topic on Phoronix have no hateful/resentful comments?

You're given an OS for free, along with its source code and every day we have dozens of messages how this is bad, that is bad and everything is bad.

I really hope Open Source developers never check these forums. They will be thoroughly disappointed.
          don't worry, I'm kidding . i was mocking the silly red hat bashing, but I guess I perfected poe's law. I cannot wait to replace the few almalinux boxes with official (and free) rhel boxes, to see what the fuss was all over. I mostly use fedora tho..

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

And it is not actual colors, it is apparently changing the white text to green text..
            Wouldn't surprise me in the least, coming from the company that's pretty much the entire GTK/Gnome project

Comment

Working...
            X