Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 39 Aims For A Colored Bash Prompt

Phoronix: Fedora 39 Aims For A Colored Bash Prompt

In addition to Fedora 39 aiming to use the Anaconda WebUI for Fedora Workstation, shipping the latest and greatest open-source compiler toolchain components, enhance Linux gaming compatibility, eliminate Flathub filtering, and dozens of other improvements, there are also plans for a more mundane change: a colored bash prompt...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will there be an opt out? This is the most unethical thing. I'm thinking of just compiling Linux from scratch the way these big Linux companies can just think they can just turn on colors without even a proposal or workaround.

Comment

This has got to be the most useless new piece on Phoronix in a long while. It's just a default, whoever wanted colors in their terminal has enabled them long ago.
      Conversely, the poster above will just install a black and white theme and move on.

Comment

I'll be dead before my terminal is allowed colors!!!1!

...no but seriously, who cares?

Comment

Good, it will no longer look like something dated. Although I always install zsh and starship.

Comment

In addition to Fedora 39 aiming to use the Anaconda WebUI for Fedora Workstation, shipping the latest and greatest open-source compiler toolchain components, enhance Linux gaming compatibility, eliminate Flathub filtering, and dozens of other improvements...
            I thought Fedora 38 already ships with unfiltered Flathub? Or was it postponed again to Fedora 39?
            Last edited by user1; 07 July 2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

/sarcasm

Buying Centos...don't worry trust us. Nope...not yet.

Killing Centos (non-stream)? Nope...not nyet komrad.

Hiding the Red Hat source to down stream "freeloading distros"...no not quite...yet.

Can we FINALLY agree, that NOW Red Hat has shown their True Colors?

I just thought it was funny. I can't afford to have a real opinion. Too busy freeloading.

Comment

Catching up to Gentoo.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
                  Will there be an opt out? This is the most unethical thing. I'm thinking of just compiling Linux from scratch the way these big Linux companies can just think they can just turn on colors without even a proposal or workaround.
                  White only, huh? Does your monitor display colors around back?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
                    Can a single topic on Phoronix have no hateful/resentful comments?

You're given an OS for free, along with its source code and every day we have dozens of messages how this is bad, that is bad and everything is bad.

I really hope Open Source developers never check these forums. They will be thoroughly disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X