Red Hat Now Limiting RHEL Sources To CentOS Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uxmkt View Post
    the anwer no is only in "theory" because in practice free loading is possible.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

thats right... so all the freeloader talk is bullshit. and its the same on windows i know people they use a fully legal 4€ windows 10PRO license from ebay... but they spend much much more on 24/7 support...

this means the software is not the factor what is expensive it is always the service and support what makes it expensive.
      There are plenty of corporations who pay big bills to Microsoft and VMWare for licenses then download non-commercial open source software and complain when the support isn’t free or they can’t get immediate answers from forums.

It was delicious to get them to get under subscription when they got themselves screwed in a mega support issue… or under investigation for violating federal contracts…

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

great documentary on what happens next

In 2022, IBM's revenue from High Performance Computing (HPC) servers amounted to 505 million U.S.

But I take it you'll be matching my short positions?
        I’m shocked IBM is still paying such a thick dividend.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
          For business/corporate users of open source, there are three types:
          • those who directly contribute to the open source community
          • those who pay someone else to contribute to the open source community
          • dirty dirty freeloaders
          For the most part, the last group of users always gets screwed at some point (major software issue, very bad bug, lack of hardware support, etc) and moves to the second group and partially the first group. The most successful ones do a blend of the two from the start.

This is lived fact after almost two decades of working in the industry. Unless you also have worked with dozens of global corporations around open source adoption and commercial deployment, your opinion on this matter is worth less than the paper it’s not printed on.

Get your hands dirty, pay up or shut up.
          you truely do not unterstand the linux ecosystem or the opensource ecosystem in general.

you think you do not need freeloaders and you say they are dirty dirty,,, but for many years microsoft did accept privat pirated versions of windows and why ?... its the same freeloaders.... microsoft could have done something about it and they did not.
          the key to unterstand this is the fact that you need all these freeloaders for marketshare.

if you eliminate all the freeloaders the marketshare of linux will go down and will not go up.

"Get your hands dirty, pay up or shut up."

yes big words from you but this shows you clearly do not unterstand how the software ecosystem works.

If you think you are so smart and no one will know you using pirated windows, then you are in wrong thinking. The Moment when you connect your computer with the internet, Microsoft easily catch you an

"Why Microsoft Allows Use Pirated Windows?

If Microsoft wants to stop all pirated windows, then it can but Microsoft doesn’t do that. Because of in school and colleges all students are learning computer or work with Windows operating system only. And Almost we have learned windows by ourselves. Microsoft takes advantage of this.

Microsoft wants user addicted to windows only because if any user of windows changes environment like, go into the companies then user demand only for windows and companies not use pirated windows so here companies need to buy license and bill gates makes money.

So, the mindset of Bill Gates or Microsoft is that the first user will be addicted to windows or first easily learn windows then if the user goes in any companies and environment where licensed or commercial Windows is used then Microsoft easily make money from here.

No company would want that their products be used for free. But as of now, Microsoft doesn’t care about piracy in developing counties like India and China. And this what Bill Gates had to say about this.
          "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, people don’t pay for the software. Someday they will, though, And as long as they’re going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They’ll get sort of addicted, and then we’ll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

Think if you already learn windows then why need to learn or use another os right. so the user will be demanded windows because he/she already know windows. Because Windows os is easy, user-friendly, and Microsoft allow to use for free right. And then Microsoft takes advantage and make good money."

this is the proof you do not have a clue about freeloaders at all... we need all these freeloaders for marketshare agaist microsoft windows.
          Last edited by qarium; 21 June 2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
            There are plenty of corporations who pay big bills to Microsoft and VMWare for licenses then download non-commercial open source software and complain when the support isn’t free or they can’t get immediate answers from forums.
            It was delicious to get them to get under subscription when they got themselves screwed in a mega support issue… or under investigation for violating federal contracts…
            absolutely right no one can save these fools...

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

great documentary on what happens next
              https://youtu.be/P1TsVW4P5DI
              Post an 18:30 YouTube video and expect someone to watch it when they've got Black Mirror to catch up on? You gotta cut straight to the chase and give the TL;DR...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...nue-worldwide/
              But I take it you'll be matching my short positions?
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The fact remains...CentOS Stream source code will remain available to Alma/Rocky/Springdale/whomever wants to access it via the publicly available sources.

Comment

yes big words from you but this shows you clearly do not unterstand how the software ecosystem works.

this is the proof you do not have a clue about freeloaders at all... we need all these freeloaders for marketshare agaist microsoft windows.
                I am talking about corporate and business users.

Your examples are all about personal and individual users.

This is the proof that you do not have a clue about what I know. But rest assured that I don’t care what you think about me or what I know. I’m going to prove it by not responding again and probably not looking at this comment section for at least another month or so.

Comment

News flash: A story is posted about Red Hat, letting people post their uninformed and deeply underinformed opinions again. We will update you as the story develops. Or not. Whatever. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by michaelo2 View Post
                    Rocky just repacks it but they've little room to innovate.
                    I don't mean to be a Red Hat apologist here, but they have a solid path for getting innovative things into RHEL via Fedora and CentOS Stream. Red Hat makes money on selling support the tried-and-true enterprise stuff. The ecosystem they support is one that serves their business needs, and that's... fine, I guess.

Rocky & Alma have to be 100% compatible to have value. It's no good if they're divergent in any way that would break -anything-. They're RHEL derivatives and that's also... fine, I guess.

If you want innovation, don't look for it at the end of what must be the a stringent process to develop an OS with a ten-year support lifecycle, just switch to Fedora, CentOS Stream, Ubuntu, Ubuntu LTS, or Debian.

Comment

• Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
                      I am talking about corporate and business users.
                      Your examples are all about personal and individual users.
                      This is the proof that you do not have a clue about what I know. But rest assured that I don’t care what you think about me or what I know. I’m going to prove it by not responding again and probably not looking at this comment section for at least another month or so.
                      please tell me how is Microsoft with their Cloud and Operating System so successful on corporate and business users ?
                      they do make a lot of money in this field. and you already did admit this. you already said that your customers did pay microsoft much much much money.

then you claim my point is not about corporate and business users and my point is only about personal and individualk users...
                      looks like there is a connection between the personal and individual users and the corporate and business users.
                      they need to be connected because microsoft is very successfull dominating both worlds.
                      and they dominate it by making sure freeloaders can Pirate Windows without punishment.

if linux ever want higher marketshare and higher marketshare means more money then the ability to have freeloaders is essential.

by the way your arrogance and cockiness​ remind me of users like Birdie...

Comment

Working...
                      X