Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Linux 9.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Support, AArch64 64kb Page Size Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Linux 9.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Support, AArch64 64kb Page Size Kernel

Phoronix: Rocky Linux 9.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Support, AArch64 64kb Page Size Kernel

Following last week's release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.2 and AlmaLinux 9.2, Rocky Linux 9.2 is now also available as this alternative community-supported flavor of RHEL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How are you birdie? Everything going well in life?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Imagine a world where you could install some very nice enterprise incorporated soft, hehe. But imagination is not PHP oriented, is? maybe oriental when there is no compass, no food and only fish in ocean on a course Torwards America...

Comment

Greetings,
        Full disclosure, I'm the Testing Team lead for Rocky. I saw this article come through our news feed and wanted to add a quick addition I think is important. The reason why we did not release the PowerPC arch for 9.2 is that during our testing we found what we consider a release-breaker bug and we verified it upstream who we are working with to resolve. We can reliably trigger this bug upstream which results in a non-usable system. When it is fixed upstream we will apply the patch and release 9.2. More details are here (including links to the bug report):
        Rocky Linux is an open enterprise Operating System designed to be 100% bug-for-bug compatible with Enterprise Linux.

As it is a release-breaker for PPC, it is not a bug on the other arch's. Instead of holding them back and releasing all of 9.2 we decided to hold just PPC.

The Rocky testing process is fairly extensive for this exact reason. We had a lot of the community assisting in confirming and triaging this issue for which we are very grateful.

Thanks for letting me chime in.

Comment

Working...
        X