Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12.0 "Bookworm" Planned For Release On 10 June

Phoronix: Debian 12.0 "Bookworm" Planned For Release On 10 June

The Debian release team has just announced a tentative ship date for Debian 12.0 "Bookworm"...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonderful, Debian 12 will be great release!

Comment

Good, I have several distros I use that give options other than systemd for Debian, those should have their new versions available soon after the Debian 12 launch. In fact I think MX might be available before the launch date, and then antiX, Devuan, GNUinos, Exe GNU, MiyoLinux, PeppermintOS Devuan edition and Refracta should all probably make their releases afterwards.

Comment

Wooo! I can't wait for GCC 12 on Stable. I've manually backported pretty much everything else. :P

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post
          Wooo! I can't wait for GCC 12 on Stable. I've manually backported pretty much everything else. :P
          The only thing outdated here is people that think like you and keep believing that Debian is outdated. GCC 13.1 was released 26. April (2 days ago). I doubt that you need to backport much at this stage and besides GCC 12 was released 19. August 22 which is not old at all. Stable is supposed to be slightly old but well tested. Which is good!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            Good, I have several distros I use that give options other than systemd for Debian, those should have their new versions available soon after the Debian 12 launch. In fact I think MX might be available before the launch date, and then antiX, Devuan, GNUinos, Exe GNU, MiyoLinux, PeppermintOS Devuan edition and Refracta should all probably make their releases afterwards.
            Nice trolls-tease, I have to admit it tempted me to reply on topic

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
              Nice trolls-tease, I have to admit it tempted me to reply on topic
              It wasn't a troll tease, I actually use one of those distros for my daily driver, and I try all of them when new versions are released to see if they are a better fit. I'm very much into a Debian-based environment but prefer not to use systemd for various reasons, the primary one being the higher resource overhead. My preferred distro in this regard is antiX, which I free of proprietary firmware and add the Linux-Libre kernel. I release my own antiX-Libre Respin versions annually. This year I'll probably do an antiX-Libre Respin and an MX-Libre Respin, and I might eventually do a PeppermintOS-Devuan-Libre Respin, as I am growing fairly fond of Peppermint.

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post

The only thing outdated here is people that think like you and keep believing that Debian is outdated. GCC 13.1 was released 26. April (2 days ago). I doubt that you need to backport much at this stage and besides GCC 12 was released 19. August 22 which is not old at all. Stable is supposed to be slightly old but well tested. Which is good!
                Congrats on turning a positive, light-hearted comment into something negative.

I never said any of that…

Comment

Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

Congrats on turning a positive, light-hearted comment into something negative.

I never said any of that…
                  Many thanks, I am myself slightly outdated thanks to my age, weight and lack of hair which means that it pleases me to spread negativity and vulgarism to the woke kind.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
                  X