Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 38 Being Released Next Tuesday

Phoronix: Fedora 38 Being Released Next Tuesday

The much anticipated Fedora 38 is cleared for releasing on Tuesday. There are no delays with the Fedora 38 cycle and in fact hitting their "early target date" for shipping on 18 April...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Running the beta for a few days already.

Just like the last time the update was boring 😉

Very smooth and polished, Fedora keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Running the beta on both Workstation and Silverblue since its release and its rock solid.

Comment

Really excited for the next Fedora release! I joined the party back in Fedora 35 and cannot look back.

Comment

Originally posted by spockfish View Post
          Running the beta for a few days already.

Just like the last time the update was boring 😉

Very smooth and polished, Fedora keeps getting better and better.
          Indeed, really boring and the update experience is going to GNOME Software and press on update, nothing breaks, what's happening?

Comment

I kept fiddling around with Arch and minimal Fedora installs, wanted to build everything up from scratch. Good way to learn things, but eventually I realized I was stuck just stuck fiddling with things, twisting knobs simple for twisting's sake! Decided to just install the default Fedora Workstation at 37, and have since upgraded that in-place to 38 Beta. Maybe it has more than what I think I needed, but it has been solid and polished, and hopefully I can focus more on the work I wanted to set this all up for, actually get something done

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Fedora 38 Being Released Next Tuesday

Those eager to test out Fedora Workstation 38 or the various other F38 spins, the 1.6 compose images are what has been validated as the final Fedora 38 builds if you want to begin your testing or roll-out over the weekend.

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Fedora...ease-Next-Week
              In the future, it would be strongly preferred not to advertise the internal compose location of a Beta or GA release. These locations are intended for release engineering and Fedora QA only and do not have the bandwidth to support large-scale downloading. Please wait for the official release on Tuesday when you can get it from the mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleoneraptor View Post

Indeed, really boring and the update experience is going to GNOME Software and press on update, nothing breaks, what's happening?
                They should release it today then if it's so rock solid for you and all other commenters.

Comment

"Those that have long been in the Linux community can surely recall the days when Fedora was notorious for its release delays in the name of ensuring a quality release."

You mean, like, six months ago?

It might happen again! I'm not promising anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

They should release it today then if it's so rock solid for you and all other commenters.
                    It is not solid for you?

Comment

Working...
                    X