Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 12's Installer Reaches RC1 Status

Phoronix: Debian 12's Installer Reaches RC1 Status

The Debian Installer for the upcoming Debian 12 "Bookworm" release has reached its release candidate phase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typoz
    Debian Installer Bookworm RC 1 continues to make improvements around Debian's revamped firmware handling policy, various fixes, a number of architecture-specific updartes

Comment

Can it already created an encrypted setup without separate unencrypted boot partition?

Comment

I installed it last Friday on a new sata 500gb evo ssd with dram cache using full disk encryption, entire disk defaults, and it worked fine although it took about an hour the disk with random data. It may have not been the RC0 with the uefi bug bit I didn't notice anything weird. I did blizt that drive for proxmox 7.4 so I didn't use it much. But I was able to decrypt, login, do all the updates, install some flatpaks and AppImage programs. Debian 12 is nice. Honestly, the based on ubuntu distros (pop/mint) could easily move to it and noone would notice (and that is a good thing.)

Comment

I guess I will never see the option for setting up lacp during the installation process...

Comment

Working...
          X