No announcement yet.

Proxmox VE 7.4 Released With Linux 5.15 LTS + Linux 6.2 Support, New Dark Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxmox VE 7.4 Released With Linux 5.15 LTS + Linux 6.2 Support, New Dark Theme

Phoronix: Proxmox VE 7.4 Released With Linux 5.15 LTS + Linux 6.2 Support, New Dark Theme

Out today is a new version of the Proxmox Virtual Environment as the hyper-converged infrastructure software with hosted hypervisor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Been currently running 7.3-4 in my home server. Nothing exciting except for the dark theme. Plus, I have not encountered any security issues so far as long as I keep Proxmox internal to my network.

I checked and it looks like it has to do with the mail gateway in general.
    Security vulnerabilities related to Proxmox : List of vulnerabilities related to any product of this vendor. Cvss scores, vulnerability details and links to full CVE details and references
    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 23 March 2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

"a new Ceph OSD" is wrong, it's just more detailed info about Ceph OSDs.

Comment

tried to use proxmox, but it was lacking features like egl-headless and no real easy way to get it to work that I found, wound up sticking with libvirt on arch

Comment

The dark theme is much needed!

I used to mess around with self-hosted stuff at night. The new RISC-V support is cool too. I enjoyed using proxmox much more than vmware player/workstation/esxi. While being really easy to install and configure both tools were very lacking in the automation department. The same goes for other software like pfsense where it's really powerful but if you wanted to do some basic tasks like rename a interface or configure a new bridge sometimes the easiest/fastest way is to backup your config file, modify it and restore it. This is actually recommended by staff in the forums which blow my mind but I digress.

I've used proxmox for many years and can say it's rock solid for 99% of what I needed it for. There are some strange errors you could run into, but it's usually very easy to workaround. For example I added my own certs. When the certs expired proxmox failed to start up VMs. I was expecting VMs to still start and the frontend to potentially fail. The forums are really useful and the community has been very helpful and friendly in my experience.

I'm looking forward to a time where IaC, like terraform, becomes mainstream in open source software like proxmox and pfsense. It seems like things are moving in that direction albeit slowly. There are good alternatives like NixOS or going with the crazy amount of really useful Ansible playbooks out there for other systems. I enjoy using a system that provides both a UI and is possible to program. I unfortunately am busy moving out of this space in my personal capacity due to power failures and the cost of maintaining backup power (currently up to 14 hours without electricity a day). I would love to play around with proxmox again in the future!

PS good work being done in https://github.com/Telmate/terraform-provider-proxmox and https://github.com/Telmate/proxmox-api-go

Comment

Proxmox is great.

Comment

Working...
            X