Arch Linux Powered EndeavourOS "Cassini" Brings Desktop & Arm Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Linux Powered EndeavourOS "Cassini" Brings Desktop & Arm Improvements

Phoronix: Arch Linux Powered EndeavourOS "Cassini" Brings Desktop & Arm Improvements

EndeavourOS continues to prove itself as one of the easiest-to-use, quick-to-install Arch Linux powered operating systems out there. Out today is the EndeavourOS "Cassini" update with more desktop enhancements as well as a number of Arm hardware support improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting. As far as I know, they discussed moving to Dracut at Arch in the past but since abandoned those plans. Most of the Arch derived distros seem to stick with mkinitcpio.

I like the idea of moving away from grub, but I'm too reliant on its ability to directly boot into btrfs snapshots. Great to see them move to more modern options though.

Comment

Anyone know what init systems they added?

OpenRC might be the best in terms of performance.
      runit is also nice as an init service.

I regret that Clear Linux doesn't use OpenRC or runit.
      My system would go from BIOS to login under 2 seconds (if only they could optimize this as well).

Comment

Purely in terms of performance, s6 is the fastest init.
        It's over 2x faster than systemd.

If they would have chosen this, you can start EndeavourOS very quickly on a fast SSD.

Comment

Working...
        X