openSUSE Looking For Help Testing Its New Installer, New Name For "D-Installer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time downloading the installer iso? No matter what mirror I try it won't finish (or takes over two hours so I haven't tested it). Firefox thinks it completes between 20-100mb most of the time. Going to this page and using the US mirror got it within 8mb of the actual size (checksums didn't match). That mirror is also half the speed of the what I get when I click either of the iso files on the download page.
    As I write this, I'm confirming that that some mirrors contain bad copies, generally too short. Using the specific link https://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/rep...-Build2.11.iso gets a complete and accurate copy within firefox on tumbleweed (with my tumbleweed version current as of this morning).

I don't have a spare PC on which to test the installer, so I'm not going to burn it (in this version). I find the concept of letting a web browser take care of the UI is a very attractive starting point, there have been some "issues" related to low-DPI screens failing to show all of the supporting information and required buttons on low-DPI screens in the past.
    Last edited by rickst29; 28 October 2022, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      That was my first thought about them, but the more I think about how a distribution is installed and how people want remote administration tooling the more I understand why they'd go this route [...]
      I more prone to believe that Web devs are paid lesser than any devs with GTK/QT experience...

Comment

Originally posted by rickst29 View Post

As I write this, I'm confirming that that some mirrors contain bad copies, generally too short. Using the specific link https://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/rep...-Build2.11.iso gets a complete and accurate copy within firefox on tumbleweed (with my tumbleweed version current as of this morning).

I don't have a spare PC on which to test the installer, so I'm not going to burn it (in this version). I find the concept of letting a web browser take care of the UI is a very attractive starting point, there have been some "issues" related to low-DPI screens failing to show all of the supporting information and required buttons on low-DPI screens in the past.
        That link worked perfectly for me. Sucks that the installer didn't work on my actual hardware.

Comment

YAWI ?

Yet Another Web installer.

Comment

YASD

Oh wait...

Comment

Working...
            X