Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 22.10 Released With GNOME 43 Desktop, Raspberry Pi Improvements, PipeWire Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu 22.10 is the only distribution which manages that GTK3 and GTK4 (libadwaita) have the same style out of the box. Kudos to the developers.

Nevertheless I currently use Windows again. Linux is unusable for my laptop until all these fractional scaling issues are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Remember when Canonical wanted to remove ALL i386 packages in 2019, but after backlash decided to keep the few important ones, mainly for Steam and Wine?
      That didn't happen in _reality_ though. It was clearly specified in the original post that they would keep all necessary packages, but that they would remove as many as possible. They asked people to test and see what they were missing. People didn't pay attention, so while in development they did remove all the packages so that people could report issues, they got surprised and went straight into the Linux User Panic Mode and started spreading end-times prophecies like they always do.

Comment

I'm loving the new Console Gnome application. I don't require much beyond the basics for my terminal, and this one is already quite nice. It even has integration with Nautilus by default!

Comment

So did an upgrade.

For some reason it uninstalled VLC and gimp. My audio devices disappeared and needed some nonsense to get them back. Seems to be working otherwise.

Comment

Working...
          X