Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slithery
    replied
    Thanks Torxed. Your work is always appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• middy
    replied
    • Added an option for parallel downloads (which is not visible by default, and the reasoning is mentioned in the comments #1397 (comment)) #1397
    • So I cleaned up this a bit, using with open() instead of fh = open().
      I also hid the option behind --advanced, and it's not because it's advanced in any way.. The functionality is pretty straight forward. But it would put quite a bit of extra strain on the mirrors, something I'm not sure upstream is to happy about.

The functionality is there, we can enable it.. and we'll have to come back and discuss how much of an impact this would have on overall mirrors if we made it "available"
    if you don't know if the mirrors can handle the stress, then why did arch add the option to begin with in pacman? shouldn't it have been added after it was deemed safe for mirror loads? nevertheless, i've been using the parallel option since arch released it but i find it odd that the hesitation for the arch developers in setting it as default is because they don't know if the mirrors can handle the stress?

Leave a comment:

• Archinstall 2.5.1 Released With A Number Of Fixes For The Arch Linux Installer

Phoronix: Archinstall 2.5.1 Released With A Number Of Fixes For The Arch Linux Installer

Over the past year and a half of being on the Arch Linux install media, archinstall has made it dramatically quicker and easier to get this popular Linux distribution installed. Out today is Archinstall 2.5.1 with a number of fixes and other changes for this easy-to-use Arch Linux installer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X