Debian's DebConf22 Kicks Off In Kosovo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
    Debian is playing politics again. I wonder how did the process of choosing the place to host look like.
    The conference is always in another place all over the world, nothing special there. But politics will be the main thing there probably.

"best approaches for attracting new users" lets put some bets in what the solution will be there:
    • blame white males for everything
    • rename anything that might offend someone
    • have a speech policy to silence critics

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
      The conference is always in another place all over the world, nothing special there. But politics will be the main thing there probably.

"best approaches for attracting new users" lets put some bets in what the solution will be there:
      • blame white males for everything
      • rename anything that might offend someone
      • have a speech policy to silence critics
      There are hundreds of places around the world beside the city in a controversial unrecognized state instituted by USA. So yes -- I want to know how it was chosen. With all the nitty-gritty.

I would be surprised if the US Democratic Party who also pushes the woke agenda you describe had nothing to do with this.
      Last edited by Sin2x; 18 July 2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I don't see any controversy. If Taiwan gets international non-political conferences, why Kosovo cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
          I don't see any controversy. If Taiwan gets international non-political conferences, why Kosovo cannot.
          Taiwan right now would be even more controversial to choose by a US-based entity, almost a direct provocation.

Comment

Next year in Jerusalem or Sevastopol

Comment

Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
              I would be surprised if the US Democratic Party who also pushes the woke agenda you describe had nothing to do with this.
              It's comical you imagine anyone in the leadership of the Democratic party even knows what Debian is.

Nobody's forcing you to live in fear of a woke planet.

Comment

Originally posted by skierpage View Post
                It's comical you imagine anyone in the leadership of the Democratic party even knows what Debian is.

Nobody's forcing you to live in fear of a woke planet.
                It was you who added the word "leadership", not me.

Comment

Working...
                X