X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin2x
    replied
    Originally posted by skierpage View Post
    It's comical you imagine anyone in the leadership of the Democratic party even knows what Debian is.

Nobody's forcing you to live in fear of a woke planet.
    It was you who added the word "leadership", not me.

Leave a comment:

• skierpage
    replied
    Originally posted by Sin2x View Post
    I would be surprised if the US Democratic Party who also pushes the woke agenda you describe had nothing to do with this.
    It's comical you imagine anyone in the leadership of the Democratic party even knows what Debian is.

Nobody's forcing you to live in fear of a woke planet.

Leave a comment:

• Inopia
    replied
    Next year in Jerusalem or Sevastopol

Leave a comment:

• Sin2x
    replied
    Originally posted by reavertm View Post
    I don't see any controversy. If Taiwan gets international non-political conferences, why Kosovo cannot.
    Taiwan right now would be even more controversial to choose by a US-based entity, almost a direct provocation.

Leave a comment:

• reavertm
    replied
    I don't see any controversy. If Taiwan gets international non-political conferences, why Kosovo cannot.

Leave a comment:

• Sin2x
    replied
    Originally posted by Anux View Post
    The conference is always in another place all over the world, nothing special there. But politics will be the main thing there probably.

"best approaches for attracting new users" lets put some bets in what the solution will be there:
    • blame white males for everything
    • rename anything that might offend someone
    • have a speech policy to silence critics
    There are hundreds of places around the world beside the city in a controversial unrecognized state instituted by USA. So yes -- I want to know how it was chosen. With all the nitty-gritty.

I would be surprised if the US Democratic Party who also pushes the woke agenda you describe had nothing to do with this.
    Last edited by Sin2x; 18 July 2022, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Anux
    replied
    Debian is playing politics again. I wonder how did the process of choosing the place to host look like.
    The conference is always in another place all over the world, nothing special there. But politics will be the main thing there probably.

"best approaches for attracting new users" lets put some bets in what the solution will be there:
    • blame white males for everything
    • rename anything that might offend someone
    • have a speech policy to silence critics

Leave a comment:

• Girolamo_Cavazzoni
    replied
    The city itself is okayish… people are nice, the landscape is beautiful and the food is great. And it’s rather safe there. Sadly it’s pretty littered and air pollution is definitely a problem.

I wish them all a nice conference. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Sin2x
    replied
    Originally posted by biocrusoe View Post
    Debian does not pick a city, locals send in bids for hosting debconf.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/Gene...s/PriorityList

https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/Gene...ationCheckList
    So Prizren was the only city whose locals sent a bid this year? I highly doubt it. And the amenities there should place it relatively low in the priority if there'd be competitors. Yep, sounds like politicking and virtue signalling to me alright.
    Last edited by Sin2x; 18 July 2022, 04:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Debian is playing politics again. I wonder how did the process of choosing the place to host look like.
    Unfortunately it seems they are...again.
    Maybe time to think in a new distro..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X