No announcement yet.

Devuan 3.1 Released - Debian Fork Now Offers Runit Plus Sysvinit, OpenRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Void Linux is split, musl or glibc, users'/installers' choice.

A little unknown fact I didn't know until recently, PCLinuxOS == the good ol' Mandrake reincarnated. Mandrake was a spin-off of RedHat based on RPM package manager. One of my first distributions twenty years ago, and I, possibly Texstar and a few others, started rebuliding all of the source RPM's into pentium3 binary packages of the entire distribution. I then subsequently migrated to Gentoo.

I would migrate to Intel's Clear linux, however they mandate SystemD. I, as well as most other follower's of the Unix philosophy, desire to steer completely clear of anything remotely supporting SystemD. I'd jump to Devuan, but as mentioned before, all Internet clicks will subsequently support Debian due to post-install documentation being housed on Debians servers. Google seems to be returning search results verifying this, but shrugs....

Don't worry. I'll try to check-in every now and then from my place of exhile to either the great Void or, if Slackware 15.0 arrives, Slacktown USA.

Comment

Yeah, you might be right in that PCLinuxOS has Mandriva/Mandrake roots. Haven't played with it over 5y, so cant recall how it looked like. I just remember it was one of the systemd-less distros.
      Might use it then instead of Mageia, if it should go belly-up in the future, depending how its OpenEID support is.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrablit View Post
        Terrablit, you are already a lost case, so savage to discuss something in Society based on rules of mutual respect.
        You need to find a cage for you..otherwise one of this days you could jump strait to the throats of anyone..

Comment

"Minimal effort in configuration. I want UIs for package installation and UIs for service enablement"

Systemds cui is actually better than sysv but still very poor and unintuituve. I guess because it was given pride of place without competition.

Comment

Working...
          X