X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macemoneta
    replied
    Originally posted by eltomito View Post
    Guys, feel free to bitch about Ubuntu but still, it's the distro that's made desktop LInux popular. They fucked up a few times (Mir, Unity,...) but they're still the desktop Linux that's real.
    I'm pretty sure that's Android and Chromebooks; people don't even know they're running Linux.

Leave a comment:

• lyamc
    replied
    Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    If you want to improve something or want things to be improved - then by all means complain about it!!
    "I don't care about your comments, I am happy reading others"

^ That's you

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied
    Originally posted by lyamc View Post
    Funny, when I don't care about something, I don't leave comments.

You guys are like some insecure person that constantly talk about how they aren't bothered by a list of bothersome things, complaining constantly.
    Well speaking for myself you are right in some sense. I do care enough to point out that I don't care about a particular subject. You need to understand that complaining has nothing to do with insecurity , but it has to do with voicing your view. If you agree with the point of view you do not consider it complaining. If you disagree you might.

Using the opportunity this forum gives you to voice your point of view , regardless if it is considered complaining or not is very important as it gives you the opportunity to voice your view, otherwise you would have apathy for relevant issues which I sadly think is a generic problem in the world today.

Complaining is especially important I think. There no better way to change things in a better direction than to complain about what you don't like which can start a discussion. In fact this is exactly the same you are doing by replying. This is freedom, and remember that for example freedom of software would not have been possible unless someone complained about non-freedom and did something with it.

It is also important to keep in mind that a complaint may be perfectly valid even if "everybody" else is disagreeing with you. Right and wrong is not democracy. it's validity has nothing to do with the majority's opinion. Especially therefore I think that complaining is more important than yapping too much about things that works and are good.

If you want to improve something or want things to be improved - then by all means complain about it!!

Leave a comment:

• lyamc
    replied
    Originally posted by ix900 View Post
    Personally, would have kept it axed. I care not one bit lol.
    Originally posted by waxhead View Post
    Meh ... could not care less. I am more than happy with Debian right here
    Funny, when I don't care about something, I don't leave comments.

You guys are like some insecure person that constantly talk about how they aren't bothered by a list of bothersome things, complaining constantly.

Leave a comment:

• eltomito
    replied
    Guys, feel free to bitch about Ubuntu but still, it's the distro that's made desktop LInux popular. They fucked up a few times (Mir, Unity,...) but they're still the desktop Linux that's real.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

don't forget most of work in Ubuntu are made by Debian works, Ubuntu without Debian is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse
    fixed

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    That picture thou

Ubuntu is like a "love letter noir", after following them and using them for a decade "our love is not meant to be". I really wish they would have gone the SUSE / OpenSUSE model and "cut the community loose" when it was at its strong point with strong autonomy.

My prejudice against the 6-month release cycle will stand until the end of time. It's important to have goals but IME with Always-On-Devices updates should be rolled out "When they're done" instead of throwing some bug-sandwich at users. You get the bug-sandwich without any of the benefits of rolling release either way, at least if you help fix bugs in rolling the fixes come in a week or two instead of 6+ months.

Leave a comment:

• waxhead
    replied

don't forget most of work in Debian are made by canonical works, Debian without canonical is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse
    Debian without Canonical is Debian.... not an illusion at all. Ubuntu developers do good things that benefit Debian , but the insane choices that Canonical does is really bad... not beneficial to anybody except maybe Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• peterdk
    replied
    As with most Ubuntu things, in the end they always come back on their decisions to do something different. It only takes a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied

don't forget most of work in Debian are made by canonical works, Debian without canonical is nothing, only a ilusion, like fedora without redhat or opensuse with suse
    What are some examples of this? Debian seemed to be doing fine before Canonical. I'm sure Debian owes a fair amount of it's desktop userbase to Canonical making Linux more approachable as a whole, but what are they doing that directly benefits Debian?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X