Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS Released With The Latest Fixes

Phoronix: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS Released With The Latest Fixes

For those that prefer waiting until the first point release of a new Ubuntu Long Term Support series before upgrading, Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS is out with the latest bug and security fixes for the "Focal Fossa" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If I look at Kubuntu 20.04, this "update" doesn't update the kernel, doesn't update Mesa, doesn't update KDE Plasma.
    It could've not even existed as well.
    At least I hope KDE neon releases a new version based on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      If I look at Kubuntu 20.04, this "update" doesn't update the kernel, doesn't update Mesa, doesn't update KDE Plasma.
      It will, in 2021. KDE Neon is still running on 18.04.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        New kernel should arrive in the future, first HWE kernel will ship with Ubuntu 20.04.2
        For newer KDE use kubuntu-ppa:
        Code:
        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
        sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

It will, in 2021. KDE Neon is still running on 18.04.
          They have 20.04 in testing and it's easy enough to bolt on to a standard Ubuntu install. It's my current setup.

Comment

I don't agree that it shouldn't exist. Ubuntu 20.04 fails to boot for me and many others after an installation, until you remove "splash" from the grub boot entry.

But I somehow doubt they've fixed this.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

They have 20.04 in testing and it's easy enough to bolt on to a standard Ubuntu install. It's my current setup.
              Thanks but I'll wait for an official stable release.

Comment

Thanks but I'll wait for an official stable release.
                Can't say that I blame you. I'm perfectly happy with it even though I'm actively planning to jump ship sometime in the next week or two...I'd do it now if I wasn't so damn tired. Just a lot of work out in the sun this week. Even got a freakin' sunburn on my widow's peak.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  so damn tired. Just a lot of work out in the sun this week. Even got a freakin' sunburn on my widow's peak.
                  ikr my neighbors are also out, but I prefer to work at night so nobody figures out who did it.

Comment

ikr my neighbors are also out, but I prefer to work at night so nobody figures out who did it.
                    Can't do what I do at night or I would. Sucks needing sleep because I end up missing out on a lot of good telescope nights like how tonight should be . Managed to get 15 minutes in with Jupiter last night so there's that .

Comment

Working...
                    X