Fedora 31 Released For This Innovative Linux Distribution Supported By Red Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to the Fedora team.

For any one upgrading make sure you don't need to be able to remotely log in as root with a password. When it reboots you won't have access if that is the case. If you need remote root login make sure you have an ssh key in place before the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnshock View Post

It's insecure because it's sending your password to the remote end.

Public key systems do not suffer from this because they do not send any private data to the server side.
      It is sending password to the other end, but it's still encrypted. You haven't really said anything about how people use this to gain access.

Comment

Originally posted by jo-erlend View Post
        It is sending password to the other end, but it's still encrypted
        it's encrypted but if other end is attacker you are screwed

Comment

Originally posted by birdie
          Has Fedora 31 really been released or not?
          mirrors lag, i've downloaded and installed it today

Comment

Gnome developers are always looking for ways to fuck their users over.

Most graphical applications in Fedora 31 do not support bitmap fonts like Terminus.

More details here:

Pango 1.44 just landed in Arch Linux. Applications that use Pango and that are configured to use bitmap fonts now only show rectangles instead of characters. This affects...

A quick workaround: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co.../fedora-fixes/

Fuck you, Redhat and whoever is developing pango.

Fuck you!

Comment

Looks like Linux nowadays requires an expensive hi-dpi monitor just because Gnome developers have an itch for removing major features without offering any working alternative. WTF is wrong with you?? And do you really expect Linux to become an alternative to other mainstream desktop OSes while you continuously degrade and maim user experience? OMFG. If this is not extreme hubris, I don't know what that is.

• Khaled Hosny @khaledh · 2 months ago
                Developer

If non-bitmap fonts are destroying my sight, then I’d fork some cash and get myself a high-dpi screen not whine here about people not doing work for me. I do value my eye sight after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                I wish Fedora would target more generic desktop users
                What exactly are you missing for generic desktop usage? It even gets the same amount of release upgrades as Windows nowadays..
                Last edited by Neuro-Chef; 30 October 2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Looks like Linux nowadays requires an expensive hi-dpi monitor just because Gnome developers have an itch for removing major features without offering any working alternative.
                  Then why would you choose Gnome? Spins work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuro-Chef View Post
                    Then why would you choose Gnome? Spins work fine.
                    Try removing pango (dnf remove pango) from your system and tell me how it works.

Next time before writing an inane comment, you could maybe use your brain a little.

Comment

Michael

I can't reach you via michael at phoronix.com email, and your website keeps giving me this error, "Your E-Mail Was Rejected For Anti-Spam Measures" no matter which email I specify. For fun I even specified your own email address. You might wanna check it as some people might want to write to you in a good faith.

Comment

Working...
                      X