X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US$49.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
      What's with everyone's fetish to use ancient software (Linux 4.18, really?) and keeping it up and running for way too many years? Linux has a stable release, and it's called stable for a reason.
      Some release managers just don't get the nuance between "stable" and "stagnating". Can't blame them, as the words are close in common English usage. Maybe we computer people should favor another word like "reliable" when we mean to say that we want something that works and doesn't constantly break its API, in order to emphasize that there are other software QA strategies than inertia.

Comment

Originally posted by trethlyn View Post
        I wish they offered Consumer subscriptions. I want to use RHEL but I don't want to pay $300 a year for a developer account. I know there's CentOS, I might need to give it a try again.
        RHEL and CentOS are the same other than branding and the support contract.

Comment

Originally posted by trethlyn View Post
          I wish they offered Consumer subscriptions. I want to use RHEL but I don't want to pay $300 a year for a developer account. I know there's CentOS, I might need to give it a try again.
          CentOS is a good choice, one that I’ve been using for several years now, but there’s also the RH Developer Subscription:

It’s free, gives you a 16-license activation pool (2-activations per physical node, 1 for guest vm’s) and it provides access to I’m pretty sure (from what I’ve seen) ALL of the RHEL packages and repos as it’s a Server subscription. I’m migrating to that once I get my new system and 7.7 comes out.

Cheers,
          Mike

Comment

What's with everyone's fetish to use ancient software (Linux 4.18, really?) and keeping it up and running for way too many years? Linux has a stable release, and it's called stable for a reason.
            Lawyers like having someone to blame for stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              Is it possible to use zfs with Red Hat Enterprise 8?
              Why wouldn't it?

Comment

What the hell, I searched under products and didn't get that listing.

Comment

Red Hat backports certain fixes into their kernel releases. So do not judge based on kernel number alone.

As stated previously, not all Linux releases are stable (even if in the stable branch). Red Hat caters to a customer base that demands a high level of stability as well as the ability to get a patch to a critical issue in Hong Kong at 3AM.

I saw RHEL 6.x break a few applications and it caused a delay in getting off 5.x at the time. The decision was made to push up to 7.x rather than wait on 6.x to get resolved. Everyone's appetite to upgrade is different.

Comment

Originally posted by scineram View Post

Why wouldn't it?
                    The Illuminati pulled their strings to get IBM to buy Red Hat to control Fedora to push systemd, Gnome 3, & BTRFS upon us. They have since covertly threatened the lives of family members of Linux kernel developers to get them to implement GPL symbol exports to massively degrade ZFS's performance. And so it begins.

Comment

I'd really appreciate if a checksum could be posted for the 6.6 GB ISO

Comment

Working...
                      X