No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Is Approaching The Finish Line But First It Has Some Bugs To Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Is Approaching The Finish Line But First It Has Some Bugs To Address

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Is Approaching The Finish Line But First It Has Some Bugs To Address

Yesterday marked the final freeze for the upcoming Fedora 30 distribution release. The problem with Red Hat / Fedora developers being on the forefront of contributing innovations upstream to GNOME and other key components is that often exposes them to new bugs and this cycle is no different...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still unable to install F29 or 30 on my dell 9570 on the regular way, I need to use the net instalation process, I think the Basic Graphics Mode is still broken ...

Comment

Glad to see them moving along and supporting more desktops since I really dislike Gnome. I just wish KDE would move from Spin to Official.

Just been my experiences that it's best to use a distribution's official desktop environments since that's where the focus will be...regardless of distribution...

Comment

The main bug which affects Fedora is that it is problematic as desktop environment. Every time I test it I have to uninstall it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I just wish KDE would move from Spin to Official.

Just been my experiences that it's best to use a distribution's official desktop environments since that's where the focus will be...regardless of distribution...

Never going to happen, RH just dropped support for KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by timex View Post
            Still unable to install F29 or 30 on my dell 9570 on the regular way, I need to use the net instalation process, I think the Basic Graphics Mode is still broken ...
            Oh noo, I just ordered Dell XPS 13 (9380) because my Macbook Air is too limited in CPU and RAM for development and has problem with Fedora 30's Wifi (29 was fine). I hope I can at least run Fedora 30 perfectly on it despite any installation hurdles

Comment

what's the wallpaper like???

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                I forgot about that

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I forgot about that
                  Note that Fedora KDE packages have been supported by the larger community of volunteers as well as some Red Hat developers for a long time. Spins are also official and in particular KDE is part of the QA blocker bugs process along with GNOME

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                    That's something to keep in mind, Fedora/RHEL is a distribution where GNOME/Wayland's the only actually supported desktop. The "dropping support" for KDE announcement was a bit funny given that they never really supported it in the first place.

I do kind of get it, you're in for a lot of work if you're going to support XFCE4, LxQt, KDE, fluxbox and a bunch of other desktops.

Comment

Working...
                    X