No announcement yet.

The Community Has Brought The Unity 8 Desktop To Ubuntu 18.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find Unity quite useful and functional.

Comment

I use Unity on 16.04 and look forward to the new version, although I'm not sure to like the menus and QT. Gnome 3 I don't like the extra top bars, maybe I try Cinnamon.
      How were the windows set to 3D?
      Last edited by mike44; 23 February 2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

It already looks ugly/outdated, no wonder Canonical abandoned it. Still, good to see community keeps project alive for people who like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brophen View Post
          I really liked Unity and was looking forward to Unity8. Hopefully it will get packaged up as a snap like Canonical imagined so you could have a completely snap based system with Ubuntu Core. That would be pretty neat
          I would like that as well 'cause I want to give Unity 8 a try on something else than Ubuntu (I'm a Solus user).

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
            I use Unity on 16.04 and look forward to the new version, although I'm not sure to like the menus and QT. Gnome 3 I don't like the extra top bars, maybe I try Cinnamon.
            How were the windows set to 3D?
            If you want something as easy as Unity, than Budgie might be your cup of tea. Cinnamon is user-friendly but it's way more advanced in terms of configuration than Unity and Budgie.

Comment

Tried it in Virtualbox. Nice, liked the 3d windows however it should be possible to set the launcher behind windows and not only slide to the side. Also didn't find the color settings for the launcher but it was probably me.
              Also had a quick look at cinnamon but it has like gnome3 more top menubars compared to unity?

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
                It already looks ugly/outdated, no wonder Canonical abandoned it.
                Yeah, it surely can't match the ageless GNOME 3 UX design.

Comment

Working...
                X