Some Of The Changes Coming To KDE Plasma 5.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    At least multi-monitor fixes aren't making the headlines anymore.
    Don't worry, it's still broken. Developers blame drivers, but it works with Gnome.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Don't worry, it's still broken. Developers blame drivers, but it works with Gnome.
      At least for me it's working fine. I stumbled upon a bug with auto-hiding panel in a specific configuration, but other than that it's solid.

Comment

KDE might be Krap Desktop Environment and experimental software but it is better than nothing. There might be pages full of bug reports on https://bugs.kde.org/ & other places and many aspects of the DE are frustrating and clunky/cringeworthy, but I'm glad KDE is still around. Kwin is solid and top notch window manager for my use.

Comment

I don't know, on a quad-core CPU and a $200+ GPU I kinda like a DE that doesn't remind me of Windows. 3.1.
          So, Windows 3.1 is more usable than piece of shit like gnome. It's confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post

Did you report it?
            I've been reporting KDE bugs for a very looooooooong time, I have quite a few for KDE5 on the go already. Don't get me wrong I really like KDE and have been a hardcore user for many years but perhaps I'm just getting tired in my old age and CBA with constant bug squashing anymore. Just as KDE gets quite stable they go and can it but I suppose most DE's suffer from that.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Sounds like the prickly Martin Graesslin.

Comment

At least for me it's working fine. I stumbled upon a bug with auto-hiding panel in a specific configuration, but other than that it's solid.
                That explains something with Compiz then and the autohide not working with it, do you have a link for that ?

Comment

At least multi-monitor fixes aren't making the headlines anymore.
                  But there still are tons of bugs go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

That explains something with Compiz then and the autohide not working with it, do you have a link for that ?
                    This is what I'm talking about, not sure if it's the same issue: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373424

Comment

This is what I'm talking about, not sure if it's the same issue: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373424
                      Thanks for the link, I think you are right and it looks like a separate hiding issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X