LibreOffice 5.3 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferry View Post

Reading this Chromium and pressing Ctrl-H opens History. Which seems to be a logical choice.
    Lolwut? Chromium is a web browser, not an editor. Apples to oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

Every program in existence uses the Ctrl + H combination for search and replace. There's no need to find a correct button unless you're a complete computer noob. Ctrl + F will always be reserved for searching, not replacing.
      Microsoft likes to locale the keyboard shortcuts, so in portuguese, CTRL+F (control find) becomes CTRL+L (Control localizar) :/

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post

I just tested ESC /foobar RET as well as ESC :s/foo/bar/g RET and it doesn't work as I'm used to so clearly it's broken. Even C-s fails so it's obvious this "office suite" has zero appeal to anyone.

More constructively, the Find toolbar is not too crowded so you could try writing a feature request for a checkbox for search-in-current-selection or maybe guidance on writing an extension macro seeing how the toolbar is customize-able so it shouldn't be too difficult.
        That would be the way to go, but no, he cries on yet-another-forum.
        As I don't care to hit CTRL+H for advanced searching, I won't file a feature request for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Easier to remember for you, but CTRL + R implies Refresh to me, like in web browsers for example.
          Isn't refresh generally always F5. CTRL + R seems redundent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kayosiii View Post

Isn't refresh generally always F5. CTRL + R seems redundent to me.
            Refresh is almost always both F5 *and* CTRL + R (and CTRL + Shift + R if you want to reload w/o using the cache).

Comment

Working...
            X