LibreOffice 5.3 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Not relevant at all. when i press ctrl+f i want to search and i want search options. I dont want to press cTRL+h for search AND REPLACE and then finding the correct button among 20 buttons.
    I just tested ESC /foobar RET as well as ESC :s/foo/bar/g RET and it doesn't work as I'm used to so clearly it's broken. Even C-s fails so it's obvious this "office suite" has zero appeal to anyone.

More constructively, the Find toolbar is not too crowded so you could try writing a feature request for a checkbox for search-in-current-selection or maybe guidance on writing an extension macro seeing how the toolbar is customize-able so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

Every program in existence uses the Ctrl + H combination for search and replace. There's no need to find a correct button unless you're a complete computer noob. Ctrl + F will always be reserved for searching, not replacing.
      This is not so. In KDE the standard text shortcut seems to be CTRL + R which I find easier to remember (I don't like CTRL + H but will recognise that is the most widely used one)

Comment

If you don't want the occasional bug.... maybe download and use the "still" version of libreoffice? It's pretty stable.

Comment

The tabs for the ribbons seem a little tight. Could use a little padding and margins.

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post

Every program in existence uses the Ctrl + H combination for search and replace. There's no need to find a correct button unless you're a complete computer noob. Ctrl + F will always be reserved for searching, not replacing.
            Reading this Chromium and pressing Ctrl-H opens History. Which seems to be a logical choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
              GTK3 is copyleft. LO is copyleft. It is good to see these guys unified on means and goals.
              GTK is copyleft, LO is weak copyleft., not sure what the "goals" are.

Comment

Originally posted by ferry View Post

Reading this Chromium and pressing Ctrl-H opens History. Which seems to be a logical choice.
                I think mmstick was trying to limit that to editors... Almost all editors (text, IDE, office) that I've used have Ctrl-H for Find/Replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

I think mmstick was trying to limit that to editors... Almost all editors (text, IDE, office) that I've used have Ctrl-H for Find/Replace.
                  In Emacs Ctrl+H stands for "help", and Alt+Shift+5 for "search&replace".

Comment

Originally posted by kayosiii View Post

This is not so. In KDE the standard text shortcut seems to be CTRL + R which I find easier to remember (I don't like CTRL + H but will recognise that is the most widely used one)
                    Easier to remember for you, but CTRL + R implies Refresh to me, like in web browsers for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
                      In Emacs Ctrl+H stands for "help", and Alt+Shift+5 for "search&replace".
                      That's why he said "ALMOST all editors" But talk about inconvenience: Alt+Shift+5, really? You can't even trigger that with one hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X