No announcement yet.

A Number Of KDE Apps Will Be Dropped If They Don't Get Ported To KF5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an excellent decision and it is about time those kdelib4 apps are dropped from the *official* KDE Applications bundle. No one said you can't go and download them yourself. Most of them are games that no one really cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
      KDE gave up being a DE a long time ago. So it is about time they dump some of the dead code.

KDE stalled after they lost the desktop war, now they need to redefine the vision. No one benefits from the KDE project as it is today.
      Another great bullshit post from Griffin, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by FuturePilot View Post
        Where are my posts disappearing to!?
        vBullettin highly advanced anti-spam system, it blocks totally random posts (we still have to find any logic behind this) until someone (Michael) checks them and lets them through.

Comment

I care about one app in that list, and it ain't a game. KCacheGrind is an absolute essential for Valgrind profiling; It absolutely rocks at visualizing CallGrind and CacheGrind's output. It's disappointing that KCacheGrind is slated for removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Idonotexist View Post
            I care about one app in that list, and it ain't a game. KCacheGrind is an absolute essential for Valgrind profiling; It absolutely rocks at visualizing CallGrind and CacheGrind's output. It's disappointing that KCacheGrind is slated for removal.
            KCachegrind is being actively ported -- last commit November 5th, and even if it weren't, it would be safe; I would port it myself in my copious spare time because I cannot live without it, and it isn't a complicated application. Plus, no new releases doesn't mean it disappears from Linux distributions.

Comment

Originally posted by FuturePilot View Post
              This isn't particularly about Amarok but what the hell happened to all the Linux music players? None of them seem to be maintained anymore. Back when I started using Linux in '06 there were hundreds of music players because everyone and their grandmother wanted to develop a music player (along with a text editor and a file manager). WTF happened? Now there's like 3 or 4 and they're either barely maintained or not maintained at all.
              I wondered this myself; I think it's just that developers are using mpd, cmus, and Google Play Music, and more often than not they just don't use music players on their computers anymore. GNOME Music works well provided that your music has been indexed correctly by Tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by boudewijnrempt View Post
                Plus, no new releases doesn't mean it disappears from Linux distributions.
                It's not a matter of new releases, but a matter of "requires KDE4 libs that none is shipping anymore because they are EoL", so it either gets ported or it goes EoL too and disappears from distros official repos.

Comment

Nowdays KDE is the best desktop environment for linux distros. I've recently seen Ubuntu and it appear so loegacy in confront of Kubuntu. Kubuntu has improved a lot (and now there is also an alternative as Neon supported by KDE).

Comment

Is it just me or are there paid pro-Gnomers commenting here?
                    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                      Is it just me or are there paid pro-Gnomers commenting here?
                      They are all volunteers, GNOME does not pay them (nor really need them). Be afraid, be very afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X