Adobe Returns To Updating NPAPI/Linux Flash Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    didnt html5 replace flash a year ago already?
    tell that to news websites that have video players. 99% of them use flash.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post

tell that to news websites that have video players. 99% of them use flash.
      Phoronix doesn't :Ь

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post

Why? I get they may make a good product you find useful, but why wouldn't you try to get an open source project up that has the features/tools you need?
        Because they don't have 5 years to wait for their tablet support to work correctly, never mind 10 years for current features to be added?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          I'm curious 1) what has been updated, added, improved, etc. 2) why it's supplied as an .so file without using compression or packaging of any kind 3) does it phone home or steals your information and sends it to three letters agencies.

All the previous and future Phoronix users who don't need Flash, may go fuq off and do not pollute this thread with utterly inane comments.

We get it, you don't need Flash, now shut the fuq up and go away. No one cares about your preferences in regard to this piece of software. OK?
          1.) Install chromium pepper flash (to get the PPAPI flashplayer version 22) or whatever provides the PPAPI version
          2.) Uninstall the old NPAPI flash player (11.2)
          3.) Install freshplayerplugin and have the PPAPI version 22 happily running in Firefox or other software using the NPAPI plugin
          4.) ???
          5.) Profit! (and stop caring about the NPAPI version)

Comment

I wonder if Valve had anything to do with this. Steam uses Flash for videos.

Comment

So, are they going to support Wayland and PulseAudio?

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
                I wonder if Valve had anything to do with this. Steam uses Flash for videos.
                Steam videos work fine without Flash, using HTML5.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
                  Get this error trying to access the W-4 forms on my employers website in chrome on mint:[/LIST]
                  Seriously, GDIT adobe.
                  And Adobe Reader for Linux is way too old anyhow and most sites as the one you are trying to access most likely also require a much more recent Reader version. Adobe should update Reader as well, if they are serious again about Linux. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

1.) Install chromium pepper flash (to get the PPAPI flashplayer version 22) or whatever provides the PPAPI version
                    2.) Uninstall the old NPAPI flash player (11.2)
                    3.) Install freshplayerplugin and have the PPAPI version 22 happily running in Firefox or other software using the NPAPI plugin
                    4.) ???
                    5.) Profit! (and stop caring about the NPAPI version)
                    Latest Flash using Freshplayer works quite well, and few if any crashes. I am also sure Freshplayer devs are quick to respond to bug reports for those corner cases where Flash does crash within the Freshplayer plugin wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post

And Adobe Reader for Linux is way too old anyhow and most sites as the one you are trying to access most likely also require a much more recent Reader version. Adobe should update Reader as well, if they are serious again about Linux. Just my 2 cents.
                      Who said that they are serious again even with this flash :

11.2 was planned to be dropped in 2017., but instead of dropping you will get new one version 23 which even has less features then ever before but because of that they claim it is more secure, etc...

So this is just "better to have something then nothing" approach

Comment

Working...
                      X