No announcement yet.

Adobe Returns To Updating NPAPI/Linux Flash Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious 1) what has been updated, added, improved, etc. 2) why it's supplied as an .so file without using compression or packaging of any kind 3) does it phone home or steals your information and sends it to three letters agencies.

All the previous and future Phoronix users who don't need Flash, may go fuq off and do not pollute this thread with utterly inane comments.

We get it, you don't need Flash, now shut the fuq up and go away. No one cares about your preferences in regard to this piece of software. OK?

Comment

Guys, just let it die...

Comment

Code:
        ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel error: cannot send/recv

###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: (msgtype=0xAA0001,name=PPluginInstance::Msg___delete__) Channel error: cannot send/recv
        You cannot have two tabs with Adobe Flash running at the same time - when you close either of the tabs, Adobe Flash in the other one crashes right away.

I guess I will return to its old supported version.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
          I'm curious 1) what has been updated, added, improved, etc. 2) why it's supplied as an .so file without using compression or packaging of any kind 3) does it phone home or steals your information and sends it to three letters agencies.

All the previous and future Phoronix users who don't need Flash, may go fuq off and do not pollute this thread with utterly inane comments.

We get it, you don't need Flash, now shut the fuq up and go away. No one cares about your preferences in regard to this piece of software. OK?
          Angry Birds is REAL

Comment

I don't understand this change of plane. nowdays it is almost completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              Oh God, please no. While I appreciate the security updates, it changes the status of flash from "basically dead" to "somewhat supported".

The last thing I want to see is new developers/projects jumping on flash because "it basically works". Someone unfortunately has to take the blame first and stop supporting it altogether. The more people, the better. Mozilla and Google are slowly getting there, so please don't try to revive this 22.0021.56985-headed monster.

I will take flash's immediate death over Linux adoption rate any day. The former will come along later as a fallout of the former anyway, at least for the people you mentioned.
              OFC I wish Flash will die very quickly, but being isolated because of missing features is bad for Linux's public image.

Comment

Let this shit die, nobody needs it anymore.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

OFC I wish Flash will die very quickly, but being isolated because of missing features is bad for Linux's public image.
                  If Adobe can't or won't get the Linux version of Flash features up to par with Windows then yes they should fuk off and die. To me it is way too late as it has been 4 years since they stopped updating Flash and now they want to resume it? Come on!

Comment

I also add that Mozilla is planning to drop NPAPI support in Firefox very soon so this move may be rather pointless anyway.

Comment

I'm curious 1) what has been updated, added, improved, etc.
                      Read the blog post linked in the article: https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/....3gR3RhEv.dpbs
                      2) why it's supplied as an .so file without using compression or packaging of any kind
                      Read the blog post linked in the article: https://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/....3gR3RhEv.dpbs

3) does it phone home or steals your information and sends it to three letters agencies.
                      It is set to steal info only from people with a tinfoil hat. Why let them down?

Flash must die, that's how things must go. GOD WANTS IT!!!!! FOR KITTENS!!!!!11!!!1

Comment

Working...
                      X