Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.7.0 Officially Is Out

Phoronix: Qt 5.7.0 Officially Is Out

Qt 5.7 is now officially available as the latest version of the Qt5 tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wait... Does this mean we're gonna get the new KDE Connect when repos are updated with this version of Qt? Ooh, boy...

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
      Wait... Does this mean we're gonna get the new KDE Connect when repos are updated with this version of Qt? Ooh, boy...
      KDE Neon will probably get there first. But if you not on *buntu, that doesn't help you much.

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post
        What does one have to do with the other? Can you link to whatever blog / news source had developers saying they were waiting on Qt 5.7 to release a particular version / feature?

Comment

Well is very likely ArchLinux should have it testing repos tomorrow since kde-unstable have it since RCX releases.

Comment

I know this is OT, what cross platform gui library would be as good or better than Qt?

Comment

I'm already running 5.7-rc here on Gentoo, I'm guessing it won't be long until the 5.7.0 ebuilds are in the overlay
              Last edited by FireBurn; 16 June 2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                I know this is OT, what cross platform gui library would be as good or better than Qt?
                I'm dumb. I saw 5.7, so I got excited and forgot the update is meant to happen with Plasma 5.7... -_-

Comment

Wait what... But Qt 5.6.1 isn't even in the Tumbleweed repo yet!

Comment

Everything using Qt now recompiled for Qt 5.7.0 - Ktorrent had errors with no QtWebkit anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X