GNOME's Sandboxing Tech "XDG-App" Now Renamed To "Flatpak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AppBag
    AppCan - Stays functional/fresh for very long time, just like cans for food!

AppEasyPack
    AppFlatPack Since it's based on FlatPack and it's about apps how about adding the Flat between the p's.
    AppVacPack (You know like vacuum packing of food.)

Some items are inspired by food preservation means and methods:

Last edited by plonoma; 13 May 2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Not calling it X Desktop Group app kind of makes sense as there is no X support, only Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
        Not calling it X Desktop Group app kind of makes sense as there is no X support, only Wayland
        xdg is old name of freedesktop.org, which hosts wayland

Comment

"App" is not a word. While Microsoft being stupid is not a surprise, Gnome people, please, stop. It's a program.

Comment

Flatpak? Talk about underwhelming and easily forgettable.

At least XDG was iconicly memorable.

Not only this but when I see acronyms I think of specifications or standards, eg: IEEE 801, or HTML 5.

Wtf is a flatpak sounds confusing

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              "App" is not a word. While Microsoft being stupid is not a surprise, Gnome people, please, stop. It's a program.
              No, you got it mixed up. App is the short form of application, the short form of program would be prog or something. And while every application (in this sense) is a program, not every program is an application

Comment

I like it.

Comment

"App" is not a word.
                  You seem to have a very strange definition of the word "word".

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                    Meanwhile on Windows 10 no one has a problem with "UWP Apps".
                    Tecnically speaking, "UWP Apps" is a technical term not used with the public. Windows 10 (and 8) have just "Apps", or "Windows Store Apps".

Comment

I agree on the "IT SHOULDN'T FUCKING BE A WORD AND ALL HIPSTERS THAT AGREE SHOULD BE HARASSED HARD WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO SLEEP" part, but whatever can be a word.

If enough people start giving a meaning to "sdfgas" (random letters) it becomes a word.

Comment

Working...
                      X