No announcement yet.

KDE Comes Up With A Vision For The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two major issues keeping me off KDE.

Compositing bugs (bugs the hell out of me!! may be it'll be fixed on the wayland implementation)
    Slow

It is just too fucking slow at everything it does, and I won't accept that

You'd think with all the resources it can make use of it should be able to run faster...

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
      Why do you even bother responding to the "debianxfce" guy? He's been polluting so many threads lately.
      I've been wondering the same thing. The poster is obviously commenting from under a bridge.

Btw, does anyone know why the ignore list doesn't work?

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
        Btw, does anyone know why the ignore list doesn't work?
        The vBulletin update broke it. That's what you get for using proprietary software

Comment

They will never reach that goal. They will start implementing it, when it is barely recognizable release it as stable, then continue implementing it until it is near to becoming decent and then scrap that work and start all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Original blog
            Next Steps: From Vision to Mission

Our vision unites KDE in common purpose. It sets out where we want to get to, but it provides no guidance on how we should get there. After finalizing our vision (the "what"), we have immediately started the process of defining KDE's Mission Statement (the "how"). As with all things KDE, you are invited to contribute. You can easily add your thoughts on our mission brainstorming wiki page.
            Okay, having remembered not to trust Michael's summaries, I'm feeling a bit happier.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              Though it would be the usual "vision" of making the same UI for the microwave oven and a desktop PC... Relieved...
              Why do so many developers do this? As an example I really like using audacious as my default music player (with the winamp clone interface). Do I like the interface? Yes, I love it! Do I want the same interface on my Nexus 5X phone? Of course not! Would I like a redesigned audacious on my phone? Maybe, maybe not. So why the obsession? I don't think big squares with rounded corners makes a good desktop interface, but on the phone it can work.

Comment

Can anyone explain please, why is KDE stalled in Debian testing? Is it because of QtWebEngine problems?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post

The vBulletin update broke it. That's what you get for using proprietary software
                  Dammit!
                  I've not needed to use the ignore list since... a certain poster...who's since been banned...was around.
                  Now I've got to wade through the troll poo of debianxfce:[

Regardless, thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
                    Why do you even bother responding to the "debianxfce" guy? He's been polluting so many threads lately.
                    Because if we don't, some n00b may read his posts and actually believe them

Comment

XFCE is slow as fuck compared to fvwm. 1 second to/from Lightdm? I can do like 0.35 seconds on my fvwm setup.
                      It's also not anywhere near as configurable as fvwm.

*Trololol

Comment

Working...
                      X