No announcement yet.

GNOME Developers Are Hoping To Further Improve NetworkManager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this story *actually* have anything to do with Gnome, or is that just added to the story to wind people up? All I'm seeing is the NetworkManager developers themselves running a survey over the usability of their non-desktop tools...

Comment

Originally posted by corzo View Post
      I'd like to toggle wifi off and keep the setting after rebooting the machine. Why isn't that possible without blacklisting the module or something like that?

This is already possible with systemd. systemd-rfkill saves the rfkill state at shutdown and restores it at bootup. Sadly, I've seen NM enable all rfkill stuff at boot, but that was some time ago. Nowadays I just use systemd-networkd + wpa_supplicant.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
        I dont need it (and kill it everywhere for years), but thats whats installed per default on pretty much any distro nowadays.
        It's not and never has been a dependency of the ubuntu-server package, and I'm nearly 100% positive that Debian does not install it unless you select a desktop to install or it gets pulled in by desktop-related packages.

So what on earth are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
        X