KTorrent Ported To KDE Frameworks 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
    Ktorrent is almost feature complete for torrents for me. Magnet, Adding utorrent compatible tracker list, utp, file seeds and what not. It should be perfect in maintaining mode for next 4-5 years. Then maybe some new teac
    KTorrent is a great client, but the UI is what's really outdated. The only reason I finally dropped ktorrent was when I switched to kf5, but really I don't think I can go back to the UI.

Comment

Good news after all. I have always preferred Ktorrent against the rest since it feels lighter, easier and functionally complete.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        I've been using the qt5 version of transmission, I might give ktorrent another go now it's ported, will need to check if there's an ebuild yet
        Please wait a bit. It's only a very initial port. Otherwise you might get a worse impression than what ktorrent deserves.

Comment

I use ktorrent but the one thing that i don't like about ktorrent is that it takes a very long to start it up.
          Ktorrent often hang after some days when you open a magnet link.
          qBittorrent doesn't even have the ability to differ between pause and stop and that's like missing one of the most basic functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen
            the ability to differ between pause and stop and that's like missing one of the most basic functions.
            I'm curious. What exactly is the difference between pause and stop in ktorrent? I do use it on occasion, but basically it is the same to me. Well except that it shows with different icons, which is actually convenient. But I wonder whether there is more to pause in ktorrent that I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post

You misspelled rTorrent

I only say that because I spent frikkin ages doing my rtorrent.conf file so I give myself a pass to be a cli elitist on this point.
              Yeah but we're kinda talking about GUI torrent clients here, go away, shoo, shoo. (Kudos for doing that stuff though, I remember the "NOPE" expression on my own face back when I was first using Linux and was looking for torrent clients and found rTorrent with no GUI, I am never going to use that!)

Comment

Originally posted by krach View Post

I'm curious. What exactly is the difference between pause and stop in ktorrent? I do use it on occasion, but basically it is the same to me. Well except that it shows with different icons, which is actually convenient. But I wonder whether there is more to pause in ktorrent that I missed.
                One is stopped the other is paused
                A paused torrent is an running torrent that is paused temporary "stopped" which makes it easy to to find if you have many torrents that makes it easy to toggle if it should be running or not.
                You can also right click on the tray icon and toggle pause for all running torrent if you temporarily need the bandwidth for something else.
                The sorting of paused torrents is one of the things i favor most so i can easily differ the ones i like to seed/download later, if i stop them then it's hard to find them again in an big list of torrents and also remembering all of them.
                I don't know if there any technical difference when the torrent starts again like checking data or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                X