Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ermo View Post
    @Steve DL:

Congrats on shipping 4.12 -- I bet you'll be making a lot of people happy and comfortable once they begin using it.

Can you share any details about the plans for Thunar going forward?

I'm just an audience of one, but one of the things that actively drove me to Cinnamon (and later Gnome 3.14 w/gnome-tweak-tool and the "open terminal here" extension) from Xfce 4.10 was that Thunar just didn't offer a consistent "Open in Terminal" feature. I even filed a bug (link) with pretty pictures and all.

Other than that, I have to say that Xfce 4.10 offered yours truly a very welcome shelter from the DE upheaval in Linux land. Much appreciated mate.
    Hey,

I'm not a Thunar dev, so not in a position to make decisions so as to push fixes for this report, but I've cleaned up the three reports and added the two original ones to our list of easy bugs for new contributors. Hopefully someone will come up with a patch in the next few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DL View Post
      Hey,

I'm not a Thunar dev, so not in a position to make decisions so as to push fixes for this report, but I've cleaned up the three reports and added the two original ones to our list of easy bugs for new contributors. Hopefully someone will come up with a patch in the next few weeks!
      Thanks for engaging with me dude. *thumbs up*

Comment

Thanks for your work. I migrated to Xfce from Gnome2 and using it happily ever since.

Comment

nice ... finally something ... XFCE was my default DE for years.

I might have a look at the new release once I get my PC up and running and figure out how to make things work without systemd/*kit packages :-)

Comment

As an "old school" 50+ hobby coder who has migrated from Microsoft -> Apple -> Linux (Fedora 20/21 Cinnamon), I like slimmed installations with NO bloat and I?m going to install Xfce 4.12 today,
            I have been trying Xfce 4.10 for a week and it seems to have mostly everything I need

Comment

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
              nice ... finally something ... XFCE was my default DE for years.

I might have a look at the new release once I get my PC up and running and figure out how to make things work without systemd/*kit packages :-)
              Don't you have better use for personal time than trying to avoid systemd?

Comment

systemd haters are pathetic.

Comment

Hi All, is there any comparison between xfce and conky+tint2+openbox that I can read? I love the speed of openbox but tint2 can be improved more and openbox is almost dead and doesn't work with gtk3 very well (e.g. firefox, xfce4-terminal, nemo don't look as good in openbox as in gnome).
                  Last edited by dxxvi; 02 March 2015, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    Don't you have better use for personal time than trying to avoid systemd?
                    Don't you have better use for personal time than trying to avoid Windows? Windows has to be best system if 90%+ PCs are running it.
                    Windows haters are pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
                      Don't you have better use for personal time than trying to avoid Windows? Windows has to be best system if 90%+ PCs are running it.
                      Windows haters are pathetic.
                      I don't hate Windows but I believe Winfags are pathetic. There are so many new Winfags those days. I really want to punch the face of those fuckers. But I agree with that Windows is good OS, at least if you install to some person they will work fine with office, projections, usb and new hardware. But if you go with Linux, probably will be a shit for the user and you. Linux is fine for Red Hat developers doing dogfooding and for Cannonical empleyee doing the same, some other web developers, but that is. Linux Developers target and web developers. Nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X