PlayOnLinux 4.2.6 Fixes A Number Of Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    this is exact kind of gist of what i meant with my comments. i would need to quit my regular job and half of my life if i started posting about every single game i own for every version of wine i install. and that is why bit rotting is bound to occur. you are not collecting negatives, you rely on collecting positives. and there is one more factor, there is a lot more chance someone posting "doesn't work" than posting "it works"

especially when you consider that i had 7 problems for all versions from 15 until now. expecting someone to post 2090 or so "still works" is insane, just like it would be insane from me to expect PoL team would do that on their own. but, posting 7 "ooops" would definitely something i'd gladly do.
    Well, I don't know what to tell you then. Partly because I am having a hard time understanding your post. The other because, instead of contributing, you just complain. That is fine.

I can post numbers of the ten's of thousands of downloads per day for popular software like LoL, Photoshop, Lightroom, WineASIO, and the amount of reports, automated and user-sent, that we get (it is a very, very small number), but why? haha. Like I said, if you see problems, and want to report them to us, please do, otherwise we don't know there is a problem, and cannot fix them. Since you have so many ideas on how to fix it, please come to the forums and enlighten us. It is a community project, and we welcome help.

We ENCOURAGE people to report negative issues (in a respectful manner, of course) so that we can fix them. Truth be told, a lot of issues with software running that we get are not actual bugs in the scripts, but things missing on a user's system (32 bit libs, etc.). If you see something broken, tell us. A good example was the Portal 2 issue in this thread. User reported an issue, it was tested, confirmed working, and implemented. All within an hour.

No one is telling you to post about every single game. Just ones where you find a problem, or where an updated or patched version of Wine would enhance the user experience. Again, I am having a hard time responding to your post, but I think I caught the main point. Anyway, hope to see you in the POL forums with your ideas. At least if you are complaining about how it doesn't work, we can see it and try to fix the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
      and just currious. why would anyone play Portal 2 in wine?
      Do you know Valve does not support surround sound in Linux?

Comment

and just currious. why would anyone play Portal 2 in wine?
        You apparently did not read the previous posts about why some users use Wine instead of the native Linux version...

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
          Are there any other mirrors for downloading Wine packages such as Gecko? It takes only a few minutes (or maybe just a minute) to download a 27MB file with my Internet connection.
          Check winehq.org. I think they have a couple of them there.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninDusette View Post
            Check winehq.org. I think they have a couple of them there.
            I just checked; they don't. It is just from sourceforge.

Comment

Thanks. I will just have to let it sit for a while to install Wine and related packages...

Comment

Thanks. I will just have to let it sit for a while to install Wine and related packages...
                Yeah. Sometimes our server gets hammered with downloads, and it can get slow. It something that we are aware of.

Comment

Hey could you include a Wine 1.7.34 version with Maarten Lankhorst's multimedia patches, including the support for PulseAudio? This is the AUR page that I'm talking about:

So yeah, I've used wine-multimedia in Arch, but decided to use PlayOnLinux.

The reason for PulseAudio is when using ALSA, it seems to upmix from stereo to 5.1, but disregarded rear channel information and I don't know why it's doing it...

Comment

Hey could you include a Wine 1.7.34 version with Maarten Lankhorst's multimedia patches, including the support for PulseAudio? This is the AUR page that I'm talking about:

So yeah, I've used wine-multimedia in Arch, but decided to use PlayOnLinux.

The reason for PulseAudio is when using ALSA, it seems to upmix from stereo to 5.1, but disregarded rear channel information and I don't know why it's doing it...
                    Please post requests like that in POL's forums.

Comment

Oh, my apologies.

Comment

Working...
                      X