Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hourwatch View Post
    Looks very ugly in Arch!! At least we still have Firefox
    Can you post a screenshot? On Ubuntu with Unity it feels much more native, I am wondering how it looks like under KDE now, in the past it did not look nice in KDE.

Comment

I forgot to say that I'm using this flag : --ignore-gpu-blacklist
      I don't understand why I'm still in the blacklist because everything works well with all GPU features activated.
      (latest Fedora, Radeon HD 5750, OSS drivers)

Comment

A little off-topic, I apologize. But, does anyone know how to revert from this version of Chrome to an older one with NPAPI support? The only XBMC addon for viewing Amazon Prime content that is functional now relies on Chrome to play content through the NPAPI Flash (the built-in PPAPI Flash is missing the necessary DRM code). This is an absolutely necessary piece for my Linux/XBMC-based HTPC, and I blindly updated to this version without remembering that they removed the NPAPI support a couple versions ago.

Comment

Originally posted by quincampoix View Post
          I forgot to say that I'm using this flag : --ignore-gpu-blacklist
          I don't understand why I'm still in the blacklist because everything works well with all GPU features activated.
          (latest Fedora, Radeon HD 5750, OSS drivers)
          Blacklists are not always immediately updated, read perfect, to the latest software versions when new programs and drivers or new versions of existing programs and drivers come out.

Comment

Apply new theme

I am a Gnome Shell user and I applied the Gnome Shell theme with Version 35. You get themes from the Chrome store. I am running the open source Radeon driver on Debian Sid. Mine is smooth and neat looking and matches the rest of the system thanks to the theme.

Comment

This version is having issues with system borders and title checked in ubuntu 14.04 ambiance theme. When the window is maximized it offsets the window a bit to the right. Works as it should when system borders and title are unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                Can you post a screenshot? On Ubuntu with Unity it feels much more native, I am wondering how it looks like under KDE now, in the past it did not look nice in KDE.
                Well, it never looked native on KDE but it could be mitigated by using oxygen-gtk (or Qtcurve GTK) and letting chromium use the GTK theme. Now context menus look quite shite under KDE, and it's dreadful when using a dark desktop theme.

Here's screenshots under KDE :
                - before : http://i.imgur.com/fkGWR8N.jpg
                - now : http://i.imgur.com/sNW3Erv.jpg
                - now with dark theme : http://i.imgur.com/1xDMyij.jpg

But at least it feels *much* smoother and faster on my laptop and its ATI HD3650 using the opensource radeon driver, as long as you disable the gpu blacklisting.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                  Chrome 35 still not good for youtube.
                  It defaults to the HTML5 player which is a CPU drain. A simple 480p vid takes 30-60% CPU + another chrome process in the background taking further 10-30% of the CPU, that's horrible. Otoh Firefox takes like 20% (the flashplugin) and 12% (FF itself) respectively.

Using Nvidia's proprietary driver.
                  I'm using an Intel CPU with Intel HD4000 graphics and getting 13-20% cpu usage on 720p HTML5 videos on Chrome 36.0.1985.8 dev. It's hard to say where the issue is on your system with all the components involved in hardware acceleration but it's not an inevitable part of Chrome.

Comment

Astrologers proclaim month of the PLAGUE! All populations are halved.

Month of PLAGUE strikes web browsers. Mozilla implemends some awkward, poorly configurable australis interface, which looks like third-rate Chrome. Then it seeks to implement DRM, utterly failing their initial goal they stated when starting their project. Now Chrome in Linux looks like shit (I'm curious if Mozilla going to copy-paste this new mega-shitty appearance into Australis). I've thought browsers meant for users. But it looks like now browsers are rather meants to be used to SCREW UP their users.

Seriously, any sane minds in this crazy worlds? This world definitely needs another strong and open browser. Which would help it users to browse web rather than screw-up users every release or so. Which would respect privacy and would not act as NSA spyware agent. And which would not look like horrible piece of shit as Chrome and Mozilla do it right now. Any sane replacements of this horrible bullshit, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
                      Any sane replacements of this horrible bullshit, anyone?
                      Qupzilla: http://www.qupzilla.com/

This is a qt browser using the webkit engine, bundled with adblock and flashblock plugins.

Comment

Working...
                      X