Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sdar View Post
    Well they advice to create a new profile for something
    Yes, I read it, but I didn't find how to and I was too lazy to really look for it. As I said, I recognize it was to be expected, I just didn't. That's why I say I can't say it's bad. I wish I could, just out of frustration, but I am aware I am to blame for this.

Until they fixed session restore your panorama will likely be deleted.
    I admit it was too stupid of me not to check specifically that. As the article said printing and I don't recall what else was not working, I just assumed the other things did.

The interface didn't feel too threaded right now in ff stable
    I don't know which pieces are threaded, but Firefox runs with several threads already.

Comment

Anyone else still find that single tabs can crash the entire chrome/chromium application, even though they are separate processes? Becuase it still happens to me from time to time. Pepper flash tends to reduce this though, as flash caused/cuases >90% of my crashes anyway. Darn flash.

Comment

I'm pumped for this!

I was reading about this [elsewhere] a couple of days ago....

I cannot fscking wait for this feature. It is super easy to choke firefox on linux-rt, particularly, i can choke it quite easily if using mutexes (as opposed to semaphoes) in the nvidia driver... Specifically, when using multiple videos - streaming in multiple tabs.... You can easily halt firefox, the interface becomes non-interactive, etc, until it's done loading all tabs/videos.. Having some separation here / making it multi-process would solve this issue / have better latency, guarantee of service, etc.

Comment

IDK, I find it considerably slower with multi-process enabled, often hanging for several seconds; I guess this will get better with time, and I should report it, but right now I don't want to, as it may be the tabs I've got loaded (it seems to hang more often with bountysource, and since I don't go there too often it might actually be even slower without the feature enabled). Also, private browsing doesn't render (it is probably mentioned in the blog post, though).

Comment

Originally posted by mrugiero View Post
            IDK, I find it considerably slower with multi-process enabled, often hanging for several seconds; I guess this will get better with time, and I should report it, but right now I don't want to, as it may be the tabs I've got loaded (it seems to hang more often with bountysource, and since I don't go there too often it might actually be even slower without the feature enabled). Also, private browsing doesn't render (it is probably mentioned in the blog post, though).
            ya, i haven't even bothered to test - it seems a bit immature at this stage in it's development + I load my profile into memory / sync between reboot/shutdown, so while i am using nightly, i think i will wait until they have some other the missing stuff implemented. ~ then i amy partake in testing / reporting since i have a personal interest in Firefox working better on -rt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
              Totally agree on this.
              Thankfully I trust this to be configurable (read disable) in about:config
              Hopefully. I see no reason to have the overhead of multiple processes when OOP plugins have improved the already good stability. I run hundreds of tabs, there are no issues for me. And it would clutter up my ps -ef output something awful.

Comment

Originally posted by tancrackers
                Because I sure as hell do.
                Windows 8.1 Firefox fully up-to-date, I experience a crash every few days.
                Multi-process should definitely bring much needed stability.
                I use nightly on Linux, and it works reliably for me. I don't recall having any single crash this semester, and I don't recall having consistent crashing at least for the last two years. And I'm talking about nightly, not even stable. I hope stable is at least as reliable as this is, but can't tell, never use it.
                On Windows 8.1 I use beta, and it never crashed for me (although I don't use Windows that much).

Comment

Originally posted by tancrackers
                  Multi-process should definitely bring much needed stability.
                  Firefox doesn?t crash.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                    Firefox doesn?t crash.
                    Actually, it does. I've had it crash on me just from having 3 flash-heavy tabs opened. I don't recall getting a crash in the last release, but there have been a couple times I get some severe slowdown. While this isn't necessarily firefox's fault (opera had stability problems with flash too), firefox still crashes in the end.

What firefox really needs to do is separate each tab as it's own process, much like chrome. I don't want the entire browser failing on me because 1 tab fails. The irony is chrome has a newer and more stable version of flash.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      Firefox doesn?t crash.
                      It sure do, for some users. No software is perfect, and people will experience it differently in different scenarios. My case is that it is really stable. It is obviously not the other poster's case.

Comment

Working...
                      X