Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calligra 2.7 Beta Is Packing New Features

Phoronix: Calligra 2.7 Beta Is Packing New Features

The Calligra open-source office/productivity suite for KDE users is nearing their 2.7 release in the next month. Today, however, the Calligra 2.7 beta was released and it's feature complete...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

grapescale masks

I have been requesting the grapescale masks for so long. Now I can paint still lifes to their full potential. :P

Comment

Does the UI for the word processor bug anyone else as much as it bugs me?
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
        Does the UI for the word processor bug anyone else as much as it bugs me?
        Just what about it do you not like? other than that it is different from any other word processor UI..

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
          Just what about it do you not like? other than that it is different from any other word processor UI..
          I feel like its very wasteful on screen space, puts options in the wrong area from where they should be (why split them top and right? It takes more mouse time to get from one option to another if one is up top and one is on the right.) I sat down and tried to use it for about a month and I just couldn't do it.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            I feel like its very wasteful on screen space, puts options in the wrong area from where they should be (why split them top and right? It takes more mouse time to get from one option to another if one is up top and one is on the right.) I sat down and tried to use it for about a month and I just couldn't do it.
            Eh... thing is other than the new/open/save buttons I'm not sure what you're wanting to be messing around with on a regular basis that is in the top bar, and the new and open buttons will be only once or a few times per session and while I can see hitting the save button a lot... if you're really wanting to do that all the time Ctrl-S is faster and doesn't interrupt the flow of using the keyboard by having to go over to the mouse, and having stuff on the right is better for if you have a widescreen monitor and thus all that can take up horizontal space rather than the oft complained about vertical space. Also the tool area on the right was redesigned with 2.7 so you might check it out and see what you feel about that.

Comment

I tried using Calligra 2.5, but it's really quite unfinished. Math formulas don't work, imported documents are displayed improperly, there are few features... Maybe they solved some of those problems in 2.6 and 2.7, but so far I'm still using LibreOffice.

Comment

what is this grapescale you speak of?

Comment

Working...
                X