GNOME & Mono Made Love At Microsoft Last Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidNielsen View Post
    Actually I picked the name as a counter to the abundant hate people such as yourself spread.
    With good reason. It's a MS tech. You people don't give a damn with whom you make love, it seems.

You're a disappointment to the whole Linux ecosystem.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      With good reason. It's a MS tech. You people don't give a damn with whom you make love, it seems.

You're a disappointment to the whole Linux ecosystem.
      You can't tell when you're a parody of yourself, can you?

Comment

• Originally posted by directhex View Post
        You can't tell when you're a parody of yourself, can you?
        I'm not the one trying to make a MS tech an integral part of the Linux desktop.

But I understand your frustration when people don't want to get behind of what you're doing. I mean, there surely is money in there for you somewhere in all this. Getting paid for making "love." I wonder, what does that make you?
        Last edited by RealNC; 12 July 2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I'm not the one trying to make a MS tech an integral part of the Linux desktop.

But I understand your frustration when people don't want to get behind of what you're doing. I mean, there surely is money in there for you somewhere in all this. Getting paid for making "love." I wonder, what does that make you?
          Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's the "you must be being paid by Microsoft" conspiracy theorizing, folks.

"I DON'T LIKE THE SAME THING AS YOU, CLEARLY YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO DO IT"

I don't assume that you're being paid by Sun or Google or whatevs for your evangelizing, I just assume you're an idiot. Try Occam's Razor some time.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's the "you must be being paid by Microsoft" conspiracy theorizing, folks.

"I DON'T LIKE THE SAME THING AS YOU, CLEARLY YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO DO IT"

I don't assume that you're being paid by Sun or Google or whatevs for your evangelizing, I just assume you're an idiot. Try Occam's Razor some time.
            This just proves your ignorance about who MS is and what they've been doing. If you're prepared to "love" them, then clearly it's not me who's the idiot here. It's sad that you don't realize that. You see some MS tech, and you go like "ooh, look at the shiny-shiny." If that's not idiocy, I don't know.

Comment

This just proves your ignorance about who MS is and what they've been doing. If you're prepared to "love" them, then clearly it's not me who's the idiot here. It's sad that you don't realize that. You see some MS tech, and you go like "ooh, look at the shiny-shiny." If that's not idiocy, I don't know.
              But AJAX is fine because LOOK BEHIND YOU A THREE-HEADED MONKEY

Comment

But AJAX is fine because LOOK BEHIND YOU A THREE-HEADED MONKEY
                I don't see the connection between a single function, which wasn't even advertised, and a whole framework that was pushed like no tomorrow. And I'm selling these fine leather jackets.

Comment

I don't see the connection between a single function, which wasn't even advertised,
                  Your entire modern web browsing experience is built on XMLHttpRequest - which is a clone of XMLHTTP (One of the Microsoft Internet Explorer only extensions that people used to complain about in the IE5/IE6 era). Google Maps or GMail are good example sites using it.

and a whole framework that was pushed like no tomorrow.
                  Pushed to whom?

Comment

Your entire modern web browsing experience is built on XMLHttpRequest - which is a clone of XMLHTTP (One of the Microsoft Internet Explorer only extensions that people used to complain about in the IE5/IE6 era). Google Maps or GMail are good example sites using it.
                    This isn't something under MS control. AJAX is *not* a MS invention that is controlled by them. Just because AJAX uses XMLHttpRequest doesn't mean it belong to MS.

Pushed to whom?
                    Developers.

Comment

This isn't something under MS control. AJAX is *not* a MS invention that is controlled by them. Just because AJAX uses XMLHttpRequest doesn't mean it belong to MS.
                      Why do Microsoft "control" Mono? Because they're one of the more than a dozen companies responsible for the .NET specification?

Developers.
                      Who are free to use whatever technology they like. And, generally, are mature enough not to shit the bed if technology they don't like is found to exist (i.e. Mono hasn't been "pushed like no tomorrow" to you)

Comment

Working...
                      X