GNOME & Mono Made Love At Microsoft Last Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
    I always remember why GTK was started....... because of Qt license! And now, GTK is full of Microsofts stuff....... there has to be something wrong with the community.
    Whoot? GTK+ full of MS stuff? Did I miss something?

Btw. Does anybody here reject the Linux Kernel, just because MS contributed code to it?

Comment

bulletxt
      I always remember why GTK was started....... because of Qt license! And now, GTK is full of Microsofts stuff....... there has to be something wrong with the community.
      What is the issue if MS play the game of open source by using open source licence?
      Microsoft guy are just human and the y change their mind because the real ennemies is apple/google now ...

Comment

Currently MSIL is dead. Micrsoft failed to get all the OS players to adopt it.

If it's not a standard and innate on devices, then it can't succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Btw. Does anybody here reject the Linux Kernel, just because MS contributed code to it?
          A few years ago Gnome started to adopt Mono(MSIL/C#) programmed applciations and utilties as their defactos, for installers.

People say Microsoft is Mono, indirctly, even though C# is an ECMA standard.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
            Indeed. The anti-MS bigots should probably avoid ever using C or C++, since Microsoft hosts meetings for the ISO committee as well. Or JavaScript, or Python, or Ruby, or Bash (yeah, really), all used within Microsoft. Or libraries like SQLite, Lua, zlib, libpng, etc. that have been used in or even funded by Microsoft. Oh, right, fuck, Microsoft contributes code to the Linux kernel now, too. Time to abandon Linux and switch to something which one of Microsoft's 180,000 employees+contractors hasn't taken an interest in, I guess.
            Pro MS biggots seems to forget MS is the most evil company to Linux ever. Wow, MS contributes code to kernel to support MS products. I'm dying of happiness. Just FU moron.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

There's a difference between contribution and poison of MS patented mess. Thankfully gtk+ isn't infected, but there are just MS language bindings which seems to be out of interest in the Linux community.

Comment

Originally posted by dufoli View Post
                What is the issue if MS play the game of open source by using open source licence?
                Microsoft guy are just human and the y change their mind because the real ennemies is apple/google now ...
                Are you stupid or just playing? MS isn't open source and have nothing common with open source. MS are just bunch of anti Open Source jerks who lost battle against Linux on every market except desktops. They won't give up easy on this and they want to pollute FLOSS with their patented mess. Google is much more open source friendly and what's more important they're using and promoting Linux and they live thanks to Linux. Apple is also much more friendly to FLOSS compared to MS, because OS X is Unix like OS and it doesn't use directX and other MS crap.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Are you stupid or just playing? MS isn't open source and have nothing common with open source. MS are just bunch of anti Open Source jerks who lost battle against Linux on every market except desktops. They won't give up easy on this and they want to pollute FLOSS with their patented mess. Google is much more open source friendly and what's more important they're using and promoting Linux and they live thanks to Linux. Apple is also much more friendly to FLOSS compared to MS, because OS X is Unix like OS and it doesn't use directX and other MS crap.
                  First, I am not, but you seems so...
                  1) You can argue against without rudness...
                  2) Do not mix up open source and linux. It is not the same things. Linux and Windows are on the same market but not open source and microsoft...
                  3) The world is not just black or white. Indeed Microsoft have understood since few years that it is better to follow open source and use it than fight it... They have even a source plateforme www.codeplex.com.
                  4) They have open source few code from .NET Framework

I know few microsoft employee who love open source and even use linux at home... the world is not that simple....

Google is friendly with open source because it business model is not based on selling software but on advertising... But they can be evil like giving list of people to chines gouvernment when they ask.

Apple is even worse, they have quite nothing open source and they just use POSIX Kernel to take all needed from open source without contribute to linux. They make a very closed market. They use DRM and try to force client to only use their shop (ithunes) for all...

DirectX crap common.... I think you are not a developper.... OpenGL and DirectX are just 2 great plateforms but opengl have been stuck during years because of direction issue. You seems very uninformed...
                  Read this:

Comment

I actually see a lot more issues with Banana than with Microsoft. Microsoft isn't harmful, they've always been idiots and always will be. Granted, idiots with a lot of money and power, but nonetheless very little harmful.

It's Banana we should really be careful of. It's proven to be radioactive. And while it can look yellow-golden on the outside, on the inside it is all rotten evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                      So now Gnome is infected with Mono?
                      Originally posted by wikipedia.org
                      Infectious mononucleosis (IM; also known as EBV infectious mononucleosis, Pfeiffer's disease, Filatov's disease[1] and sometimes colloquially as the kissing disease from its oral transmission or simply as mono in North America...is an infectious, widespread viral disease caused by the Epstein?Barr virus (EBV), one type of herpes virus, to which more than 90% of adults have been exposed.
                      This is so epic, it could potentially be true.. Mono is a virus to infect and kill Linux..?

Comment

Working...
                      X